Confused on Shaman

I’m playing an Enhancement Shaman and got 2 daggers one of them is a 58% upgrade for me but when I equip the dagger it won’t let me use any of my skills says it requires One-handed Melee Weapon if anyone else having the same problem or?

Shaman don’t use daggers, even though you can equip it. It’s not intended you fight with them that’s why your abilities stop working.

The weapons you can use are one-hand maces, axes or fist weapons.

1 Like

It’s probably the same thing like with Frost Death Knight, can equip 2-hand sword, but would be unable to use certain skills unless using 1-hand sword.

Okay i see darn blizzard saying sure you can you dagger silent whispering to them selfs hehehe silly shammy you can use daggers but your skills wont work >:) lol* but all jokes aside thank you for the reply thought it was bugged :slight_smile:

The class does have the ability use daggers, and staves
the specific spec may not.

4 Likes

Daggers, while used in one hand, are not considered “one handed” weapons, they are their own special category.

Enh Shaman use two one handed weapons: axe, mace, or fist weapon.

Enh shamans can’t use daggers, but the other 2 specs can use int daggers in their MH.
I suppose it gets a bit confusing, like people trying to dual wield agi mace for feral.

Frankly I don’t see why Feral/Guardian cannot dual wield if they get the weapons for it. Their Artifact Weapons were a set of one handers so they HAVE the “ability” to dual wield technically speaking.

What gets really confusing is that the heirloom swords appear as a selection but you cannot use swords.

Just use fist weapons. They’re hilarious.