Confused. do i need to update bios?

currently buying parts for 2nd PC build. bought a 5900x today and got my Asus ROG Dark Hero vIII coming tomorrow.

i know the chipset is compatible at am4 but what i do not understand is the bios thing. i keep reading that people are having to “update their bios” on the mobo for this cpu. how do i know if i have to do this? It is an X570 board.

i have NO computer btw besides a very old slow laptop im using atm. also how easy is it to update bios if i need to on my own and what is needed to do so? i have NO knowledge of PC stuff i pretty much just learn as i go/basic research/ asking for help lol

It has flashback to update without a CPU - even if you have to, it’s nbd

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=asus+usb+bios+flashback

Bunch of videos to show you how

2 Likes

tyvm i am spazzing over here lol i dont want to take it to a shop thats why i want to learn on my own on how to build but lack of computer and all this USB/BIOS uploading stuff making me bleh…

1 Like

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-dark-hero-model/helpdesk_cpu/

They only list one BIOS version for everything (0210) so I would presume it is already good to go.

I would think if there was an earlier release, the older chips would be listed as that BIOS version for compatibility and the new chips on a different one. But they’re all listed as 0210.

So I think you should be able to just plug the CPU in and play it.

2 Likes

ty. yea im trying to find vids on builds using the 2 parts but it’s all mostly just talking about building the pc not so much about the bios stuff i was reading. i am not sure what those people are using as far as mobo goes though but i think same CPU different mobo

Based on what I saw, you should not need to update it.

But even if you do, it’s as simple as downloading the correct update to a USB stick, putting it in the appropriate USB port, pressing the button on the back of the mobo, and waiting for it to finish.

1 Like

thanks again for all the help really appreciate it. seems easy enough for me to do.

1 Like