Confused, and looking for guild

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or have some setting somewhere set incorrectly, or what but the forums will not let me post any new topics except the “All Categories” page. The drop-down list for categories has hundreds of listings, but I did not see anything that looked like any kind of guild discussion. This one had “new player” in the title, so maybe that would make this the best choice of all these wrong ones.

My wife and I would like to return to Wow, starting new characters. It feels like we have been gone so long we are practically new players. Would like to find a guild with good communication and community for casual players. We probably can raid, but would rather enjoy the story, both the game story and our own character’s role play story. We have older toons on Ravencrest and Uldaman, so there we have some resources, but our new characters could be anywhere. I also use discord, or rather I can. I “might” also be interested in voice chatting, although I have never tried before.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you don’t currently have game time added to your account, the sub forums it lets you post in are severely limited. If you have recently added time to your account, it can take up to 24 hours for the posting restrictions to lift.

If it’s been longer than that and you still don’t have posting privileges, changing the password on your account can jump start the system and get things set straight.

~~

As for the guild question, I’d suggest checking out this thread at the top of the new player forum. It’s a pretty expansive list of guilds that are new player friendly.

Short of that, the game now has a vastly improved in game “guild finder” system. I would suggest looking at guilds listed under “social and leveling” and trying out various guilds until you find one that fits what you’re looking for. It’s important to note that unless you choose an RP server, finding other people who are interested in role playing their character’s personal story will be fairly difficult. Unless you plan on just doing that for your own entertainment together.

Finding the right guild can sometimes be a long process, but don’t give up on it and you’ll eventually find a new place to call home.

I recommend joining one of the highest populated servers for your faction they have more guilds. There are other benefits to the top servers as well. Go to wowprogress dot com and sort by population. You will get plenty of random guild invites if your guildless.

When I get a random invite I sometimes ask “how many do you have online?” I look for the most active guilds with high numbers online. I’m in guild now from a random invite which usually has 100-300 online. There is always lots of guild chat, conversations, asking and answering questions, hooking up for dungeons and raids.

After I find a high pop active guild, I have guildies invite some of my alts. Also, you can leave a guild anytime by typing /gquit. If I join a guild and there are not many online I leave immediately. As Zipster mentioned, you can also apply to guilds in game via the guild panel “J” key

In my experiences, no guilds from random invites ever require you to do anything even if they have serious raid teams, and I’ve joined a massive amount of guilds. You usually get kicked out if you don’t log in for 15-30 days so need to find new ones. There are always plenty of casuals in every guild I’ve joined.