Computer shutting down

Hi all,
So here’s my issue. 2 nights ago we had a storm and to avoid any lighting issues i shut down my computer. Later that night I booted back up to finish what I was doing in wow and no sooner did my character selection screen pop up my computer shut down, the shutdown is complete however, my power button light is still on and the button itself does nothing. I unplug the pc reset the power and turn it back on, I think to myself maybe it’s just wow so I try another blizzard game but the same thing happens. I can however play literally every single other game I own, Aion, shadow of mordor, the sims ect… with no problems but any blizzard game shuts my computer down. I submitted a ticket but blizzard says it has nothing to do with them. I fail to see how but it’s been 2 days now with no wow to play, I’m kinda losing it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Just to weed it out a bit, my inner pc is very clean, drivers are all updated, no other issues, it’s not overheating. And I’ll try to attach my dxdiag once I get my pc back up.

Blizzard won’t troubleshoot system problems.

Are you getting any diagnostics? You say it’s not overheating, but what are your measured temperatures before shutdown? Without the numbers we just have an assumption.

Power supplies are often the issue in spontaneous shutdowns, too.

Do you have battle.net starting when you first start your computer?

If so uncheck box in system startup and restart computer.

Then start battle.net
Good luck…

Go to EventViewer to see if the error is registering. It should be listed under critical but check out any errors that occur around the same time stamp. You can Google search the error codes and it will point to where the problem is happening. Start by checking your HDD for errors, you can stress components to see if you can reproduce the error. If you haven’t found a cause you’ll probably want to run 3dMark or similar stress for your GPU. Get a temperature monitoring program and want to make sure it’s not heat related (probably not but you could have lost a fan). I use SpeedFan.

1 Like