Computer is smoked

First it said the internet adapter drivers were gone, just randomly happened, so I tried to system restore, that didn’t work.

Then I tried to restart and BIOS won’t post.

Took out ram sticks and get one long two short beeps.

I have a theory it’s the motherboard, what do you guys think?

What is your full PC spec?

HD: Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD

Don’t remember ram but I kno they’re a DDR 4 and my GPU is AMD

Hard to diagnose when not enough details. Try using 1 stick of RAM. Swap to another stick of RAM if it is stable.

I did that, moment I put in two ram it turns on with no singular beep indicating BIOS post. Singular RAM does the one long two short beeps

Iirc the gpu is an amd 850 I think?

How old is the power supply?

Normally the usual suspect would be your hard drive. Or overheating from dust build up. But if you can’t even get to your BIOS… They don’t seem likely.

If you have a multi meter there’s probably videos of how to test the power supply to make sure it’s putting out the proper voltages.

I agree that in a case like this where you can’t even get to the BIOS I’d look at the power supply first. Fortunately it’s one of the cheaper components to replace.

If the power supply seems OK another thing to try if you have a video card is to remove it & try booting with the motherboard graphics. Also disconnect drives - get things down to the most minimal possible configuration of motherboard, CPU, & monitor. If you can get that to boot to the BIOS you can start adding things back one at a time until it stops booting, at which point you’ve found the culprit.

The power fires up, I can hear the computer turn on, but the mobo won’t post the BIOS

Just because the fans spin up doesn’t mean that there isn’t a problem with the power supply. PC power supplies put out several different types of power. The fans generally run off of 12 volts and are pretty tolerant of voltage changes, but the integrated circuits on the motherboard are using a much lower voltage and need it to be fairly precise. It’s possible for the fans to be working just fine while the CPU & chipset are not getting what they need at all.

I had a power supply fail, and the RBG ram would still light up