šŸ”– Comprehensive Guide to Moon Guard Horde Guilds

Awesome! Iā€™m really glad that folks are starting to use this thread more :smiley:

Come and try Horde!

THE BLACKHAND BATTALION

1. What is the name of your guild? Who is your GM?
-The Blackhand Battalion. GM is Orgaz (me).

2. How would you describe your guildā€™s focus? e.g. Heavy RP, RP/PvE, raiding guild, RP/PvP, social, PvP only
-Our guildā€™s focus is heavy roleplay oriented around D20 PvP systems. We participate in casual pvp and are open to raiding down the line.

3. Please describe your guildā€™s RP theme (if applicable) e.g. miltary, merchant, racial, undead, pirates etc
-Guildā€™s theme is Horde military.

4. Please indicate your guildā€™s RP alignment (if applicable) e.g. Horde-aligned, Neutral, good, evil/dark, lighthearted
-RP alignment is Horde-aligned/Lawful Evil.

5. How does your guild feel about Sylvanas as warchief and current Horde storylines?
-The Blackhand Battalion is a military legion of the Horde that formed during The Blood War under the leadership of Warlord Orgaz Wyrmsplitter. Their creation rose out of a necessity to assuage the Hordeā€™s instability caused by High Overlord Saurfangā€™s insurrection and the Allianceā€™s massive success at Dazarā€™alor. While many bemoan Warchief Windrunnerā€™s divisive leadership, the Blackhand Battalion recognizes that the Alliance fully intend to keep their promise to ā€œdismantle the Horde.ā€ As such, the Battalion seeks new recruits who are willing to set aside stagnant notions of tradition and recognize the current conflict for what it is: a fight for the Hordeā€™s survival.

6. When would you consider your peak activity times, and how many people do you generally have online at once?
-Peak activity is typically around 7-9PM server time.

7. How long has your guild been around i.e. when was it established?
-Our guild was founded 6-11-2019.

8. Do you have any regular or scheduled activities or events? When are they, and how are they advertized?
-We regularly schedule story events and D20-PvP nearly every week.

9. Are you currently recruiting? If so, what sort of members are you looking for?
-We are currently recruiting.

10. Do you have an application process? Who should people contact if they want to join?
-We do have an application process. www.theblackhandbattalion.enjin.com/recruitment to place an app. Contact Orgaz, Torzax, or Sonceri for more information.

11. What are your future visions for this guild?
-The Blackhand Battalionā€™s primary function is to act as a disruptive force to the Hordeā€™s enemies. Whether it is raiding supply lines, sieging hostile settlements, or providing reinforcements in a massive military campaign, the Battalion does not typically stay in one location for long. As such, engaging Alliance or other hostile guilds in D20-PvP accounts for a large chunk of the Battalionā€™s events. Many see us as antagonists and rightfully so.

12. Please provide details for any out-of-game guild resources e.g. discord, website, forum thread
-www.theblackhandbattalion.enjin.com We have a discord as well thatā€™s invite-only for members and friends to the Blackhand Battalion.

Bumping this thread for anyone that is new to the Horde, to Moon Guard, or is just rolling an alt for something different.

All of these guilds (with the exceptions of Shadows of the Loa and Warbound Council) are still active to the best of my knowledge. The Korā€™Kron Legion has changed its name to Honor Amongst Wolves.

If you are a new guild that is not listed here, or an old guild that has not yet touched base, please fill out the questionaire so that we can add you to our list.

1 Like

Note: Guild may currently be inactive

ā€™Church of Acquisitionā€™
    GM: Copperwell
    Co-GM: Bamhammer

2. How would you describe your guildā€™s focus?
    Heavy RP (we can do PvP and PvE if there is interest)

3. Please describe your guildā€™s RP theme
    CoA is a goblin-centric (although not goblin-exclusive) guild focusing on a religious aspect ( revolving around wealth and gold), but also dealing with themes surrounding industrialism, finance, banking, charity/philanthropy, and supporting the Horde through various aspects including martial and financial.

4. Please indicate your guildā€™s RP alignment (if applicable)
    Horde-Aligned (neutral-leaning due to popularity with all goblins) / Chaotic Good

5. How does your guild feel about Sylvanas and current Horde storylines?
    Her status as Warchief was initially supported rigorously as her endeavours where considered profitable - especially due to her sanctions on Azerite mining - but steadily declined in favour as her actions seemed to be accruing too much cosmic/karmic debt. With the death of Saurfang and the abandonment of Jastor Gallywix, the AoC turned their back completely on her and pledged full support to the new Horde Council.

6. When would you consider your peak activity times, and how many people do you generally have online at once?
    We are still quite new, so itā€™s difficult to say right now.

Only a few weeks as of writing this.

8. Do you have any regular or scheduled activities or events? When are they, and how are they advertized?
    This is something we will be looking into shortly, itā€™s difficult to answer this as we are still in the set up phase.

9. Are you currently recruiting? If so, what sort of members are you looking for?
    Yes! At the moment we are looking for primarily goblins who are seeking a guild that differs from the norm and deals with themes that usually arenā€™t explored so much in roleplay.

10. Do you have an application process? Who should people contact if they want to join?
    Currently our application process is run through an OOC interview through discord and an IC interview in-game. We will be looking into a more formalised application process in the near future.

Weā€™re looking to be an active community that supports our members to further their own character development while they grow with the guild, providing support to not just our members, but the wider community as well.
    In the near future we want to start establishing regular events as well as start getting involved with ongoing server-story.

12. Please provide details for any out-of-game guild resources
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-rp-the-church-of-acquisition-%F0%9F%92%B0/507749
    (guild website and discord is coming soon!)

2 Likes

Thanks to all the guild leaders that took the time to respond.
This makes it really easy to refer people that are searching for the right fit.

And thanks to you, Ms Mahoney, for compiling and maintaining it all.

2 Likes

You should put in a ticket and request to have this pinned. They may do it! They did it for mine on another server!

Thanks for compiling and maintaining all this, Iā€™m thinking of transferring so this will help a ton!

Hi guys, Iā€™ve just done a heap of work updating the MG Horde guild list (post #2).

You should now have a good idea about which guilds are active, compared to those that inactive, or just not recruiting at the moment.

I have left inactive guilds listed in case they are revived at a later point, or if someone is wondering if they ever existed!

I am putting in a ticket as we speak to have this thread stickied.

My next job is to take some of the information from Guild Finder and add it here (a work in progress!)

Please use the template in post #3 if you would like to list your guild here (or you can send it to me on discord (Flywheel#4087) if you would like me to check it over first, post on your behalf, and provide updates.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improving this thread.

2 Likes

Good work and thank you for putting in the time to organize all this.

1 Like

New guild listing!

SHADOWHOUND WARBAND

Shadowhound Warband
General Krokā€™Thar Warbringer, Spymaster Dieselle Sparkfuel, Magistrate Yeehaw

2. How would you describe your guildā€™s focus? e.g. Heavy RP, RP/PvE, raiding guild, RP/PvP, social, PvP only
Heavy RP, Optional Raiding

3. Please describe your guildā€™s RP theme (if applicable) e.g. miltary, merchant, racial, undead, pirates etc
Horde Military Division

4. Please indicate your guildā€™s RP alignment (if applicable) e.g. Horde-aligned, Neutral, good, evil/dark, lighthearted
Horde Loyal

5. How does your guild feel about Sylvanas as warchief and current Horde storylines?
With Sylvannas gone the Warband intends to follow the current leadership and help restore the Horde

Afternoon to Evenings with 6-10 online at a time at peak hours

Patch 8.3 of BFA (Jan 2020)

We have RP campaigns and semi consistent events mostly on the weekends. We also have raiding starting 2021

Yes! We are recruiting! We are looking for RPers with military style characters who are chill and on an OOC level we ask members to be 16+

We have an application process with an IC and OOC interview, Contact DemonServer#1373 or Goblinoid#2683 via discord

More Members, More Activity, More Events!

12. Please provide details for any out-of-game guild resources e.g. discord, website, forum thread
Discord and additional things shall be provided after interviews!

Last update: 8 December 2020

2 Likes

New Guild Listing!

THE ARGENT ADVANCE

The Argent Advance - Mirchea

Heavy RP, totally open to other things too though! Depends on what our members want to do (though there will always be a focus on RP).

Argent Crusade! Weā€™re here to help take some of the pressure off the Horde with the bigger, less morally ambiguous threats so they can focus on positive progress for their society, such as building up infrastructure that supports their populace instead of gearing up for warā€¦or so is the hope, anyway.

Politically neutral, morally good, not too dark, not too lighthearted.

5. How does your guild feel about Sylvanas as Warchief and current Horde storylines?
The formation of a council and movement away from a Warchief in times of peace (or armistice, in this case) is very promising and we have great hopes for the future of the Horde. We hope to help them move forward and learn to work with the land they have to help their people prosper. The thought is that the less hardship there is for the common people, the less inclined theyā€™ll be towards conquest; there is certainly ample room for education and learning here.

Per our last guild poll, most of our members at the time selected Wednesday evening as a time theyā€™d be most available, with the next-highest numbers being Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday, all with equal numbers of votes. We are still small, with at more five to six folks on at the same time outside of events, but averaging around 2-3.

Approximately a year, though we have only recently (last few months) begun recruiting.

8. Do you have any regular or scheduled activities or events? When are they, and how are they advertised?
We are currently working on a series of casual get-togethers and training events, from first aid, setting up camp, to combat training. They will likely be on Wednesdays or Saturdays in the evenings, hopefully no longer than two the three hours (depends on what people wanna do/how the RP goes), and theyā€™ll be posted in the in-game calendar, MotD, and our Discord.

We also sometimes run public events; those get advertised on the forums and in Discords and in-game channels.

Always! Weā€™re looking for motived, active people who want to grow their characters with us and, in turn, help us grow, too! Weā€™re all abbout the stories, man. We hearily encourage participating in server events also, but it is never a requirement - we just donā€™t want to be an island unto ourselves, so to speak!

Contact Mirchea, Athelar or Belenos if you wish to join us. We do have an application process, though the OOC portion is mainly for record keeping (itā€™s a Google form) and seeing if we need to adjust when we have our events. ICly there is an interview, but itā€™s more a get-to-know-you session than anything else.

Good stories, good people, good events. Friendly faces and fun times! We of course hope to grow, and we hope MG Horde grows, too!

Discord and additional things shall be provided after interviews!
https://argentadvance.carrd.co/
https://argentadvance.tumblr.com/
https://discord.gg/kSnat4f
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ā˜¼-h-rp-the-argent-advance-needs-you-for-the-argent-crusade-ā˜¼/715611

Last update: 9 December 2020

2 Likes

Wooot!! Our first Moon Guard sticky! Thatā€™s great news and Iā€™m very excited. Big CONGRATS to the MG Horde community!!!

We are getting somewhere. Keep up the great work guys.

10 Likes

Congrats!! :balloon: :dizzy: :hearts:

It is so awesome to see this pinned! Itā€™s well deserved with all the work you guys have put into the Horde community :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I know we have some more Horde guilds forming - so please, if you would like to be added to the list, please speak up!

This guild list is for all guild styles, not just RP guilds. That includes raid guilds, social guilds, pvp guilds, and everything in between!

As our MG Horde population grows, so will the needs of our community. We welcome variety. That means small, medium, and large guilds that might be heavily into progression, or casual, or only interested in developing RP storylines. Every guild has a place here.

The more the merrier!

(Posted on a Flywheel alt, oops)

1 Like

Please update ā€œObsidian Conclaveā€ to ā€œDusklight Explorersā€. Thank you, Mz Flywheel.

Sure thing Maerwyn! So Iā€™ve removed Obsidian Conclave from the list in post #2 and changed Dusklight Explorers to be shown as active.

If I missed anything, please let me know! Thanks for making use of this resource.

1 Like

Splendid industries has just been added to the guild listings! Iā€™ve also added a new list of links for forum recruitment threads for guilds that have not yet completed surveys.

If you have any updates to any of these posts, please let me know.

I are aiming to have this thread as a valuable resource for anyone looking for a guild on MG Horde. To do that, I need your help!

1 Like

Iā€™ve completed a BIG update to the list of guilds in Post #2. The list now includes large and medium PvE and Social & Leveling guilds, and large, medium, and small RP guilds.

I have tried to show whether the guilds are currently active (to the best of my knowledge).

This is such a huge list and there are so many guilds I have never even heard of! Moon Guard Horde is like a box of treasures, just waiting to be found.

If any of these listings are incorrect or our of date, please let me know so I can fix them. Happy guild shopping!

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Thank you Kaā€™shar (Badvoodoo)! I have added this post to the listings.

All the best with your new troll guild and recruiting. Great to hear things are coming along nicely!

1 Like