Complicated professional overhaul dragonflight

in the first time in my wow playing history 18 years, because of the super complicated overhaul of the professional system I will not be participating in this minigame. they went way overboard. made so convoluting I have no idea how to work professions. they made it revelant, all right the whole new overhaul belongs in the garbage…where did the rng go … all they did was put in the professions too bad I will miss it maybe next expansion they will revert back and make real changed.back to sinple but revelent… I rather do mythic plus content to get some gear then spend 6-8 months trying to figure this mess out.

14 Likes

Leave it to blizzard to say say say and but deliver in the same way. Professions don’t need to be a mini game. They are there to produce gear and consumables that add to game play. To elevate the game. I was really excited to do professions this ex pac but the last two hours of reading have turned me off the idea. Too many materials, product not being used every where, and like everyone else is saying. To drawn out and complicated. RIP

8 Likes

The updated professions are made to be more interactive and engaging, similarly how FFXIV crafting can be.

You don’t like it? Just get gathering professions and provide mates for others to make the things you need, simple as that.

5 Likes

Don’t worry you guys can just buy stuff from me.

2 Likes

I say this as a WoW lifer, I agree… This said the crafting in FFXIV is WAAAAY less convoluted because not only do they limit the nested crafts a bit more, but while rare mats can still be annoying to farm, its all easier when you can play every crafter on one toon without leveling others. They also did away with HQ farmed materials because it made the process way too involved.

Blizz tried to mimic a feature that revolves around a player not needing to be cooperative to succeed and without needing 5 toons to do it, and then tried to apply that same feature to a 2-profession system. I’m already prepping to speed level 2 alts so I can have the right 2 professions on my main, access to 2 other high value choices, and a gatherer for all my ore and herbs.

Essentially they did what they did with the HUD - Copied the features of another piece of software that did the job better and then did a half-assed job by only implementing 2/3 of it, making it no competition for what it emulates.

It’s not the end of the world, but it certainly isn’t friendly toward player’s time commitment.

The minigame of FF crafting WAS a minigame. This is just praying I can stomach making enough handfuls of bolts to make the 5 components I need to make enough components to make another item which is one of 6 ingredients of a piece I can make to use/wear. That doesn’t even count effect/upgrade items (and their ranked quality) and the crafting bonus items (and their quality).

Waaaay too involved out of the gate. They should have learned from SquareEnix’s mistake and walked the complexity back a bit. The only people celebrating here are the folks who don’t actually play harder content and the TSM trolls farming gold for no reason.

4 Likes

I wish professions were account wide. So much. For pattern farming reason. For rep-farming reasons. For patterns gated behind INTENSIVE raid requirements. So many reasons. I know it will never happen but I can dream. I dreamed about wardrobes once upon a time. I dare to dream again.

4 Likes

Ok then you can join the crowd that buys WoW tokens to buy goods and services in this game so they don’t have to put in any effort. If the profession system is too much for you to dive in for 1-2h maybe just stick to some transmog and mount runs. Im sure youll be fine.

2 Likes

is there a summed up video or other resource that can actually explain the new changes? i tried logging into the beta to figure it out, there’s like 6 different mats + 3 specializations + crafting orders + x + y + z.

im trying to learn it just to make some gold off rip of the expansion but its like exhausting

Lol this is nothing like FFXIV. FFXIV is rotation dependent. Not put points in and wait months till it becomes viable. Your BiS crafting gear lasts for multiple patches and can even go beyond that if you manually do the crafting rotation. These are just dumb and the fact as a Blacksmith you have either burn a million plus gold or somehow come up with 10,000 artisans’ mettle to level your own profession is just stupid. Why should I have to pay another BS to make my own gear at the higher ilvl because no one is using the orders and I can not level beyond 63 because I did not rush it and grind rep all damn day for the first two weeks?

I am an omni crafter in FFXIV and to even compare this new system to that is laughable. Oh we also get all new recipes on patch day added to our book when they get added to the game. They are not locked behind rep grinds. The materials you need to buy the books at the start of expac are maybe 16 hours of playtime away at most, including leveling the job to the new max level. Which you earn by and I know this will shock you, crafting.

Edit: Rushing the Master Repair hammer in one of the trees will let you max out your BS skill but it will cost about 3,000-5,000g per craft for a repair hammer that can only repair one item which is the one you maxed out the wheel for.

2 Likes

so it’s crafting crap no one wants because everyone can make it?

I need to spell it out I see… ‘more involved’ I didn’t say it was ‘replicating ffxiv’ just that the crafting was heading in a more complex and involved path. I maxed out all crafts in xiv too I know how that works.

And look apologies if I wasn’t clear, but crafting in wow was way too simple and meaningless, and the steps taken bring it closer to other crafting systems that are more involved and rewarding. That’s it.

I get where you are coming from. Thanks for the clarification. I just disagree that this is more involved since its a one-time click to assign a point and done. Adding RNG to crafting is the exact opposite of what I would have wanted from a revamp. But I leave the game regularly when I see something I want is a 1% drop rate and it does not drop within 200 kills. Or after going an entire patch cycle and still not getting weapons on my fury warrior. I am just not into the RNG slot machine reward system that is devoid of being tied to your skill except for once a week via the vault, which is just another layer of RNG since you can’t focus on farming things out of it by only doing one dungeon all week. But then again I am the unluckiest player in most games and my friends will have multiple duplicates in a couple of runs where I had to push 187 for one trinket in Classic.

1 Like