Complicated Gear system

I’m starting to think are playing dumb on purpose. The system they have right now will not last, remember my words because when subscribers fall even lower they are gonna resort back. You think classic came back to bring people back? Its a safety feature because when people have gotten sick of the new systems they will start over.

you wanna argue with me? ok, 12 mill subscribers at peak between WOTLK and the Start of Cata then a huge drop and now it’s at 5 million. 7 million people hate the system and more are quitting, you should join blizzard considering you both seem to be wrong often.

Outside of the blizzies, you can blame the elitist types who believe every single person who plays the game has to prove ‘skill’ by completing blizz/‘leet’-approved PvE content. Otherwise, you do not deserve nice things like decent gear progression.

I made a BiS sheet. Working pretty well

I still make BiS lists. If I happen to get something better that was unexpected because of TF or now Corruption it’s not the end of the world. You know your best stats and you can see where items with your best stats come from. It’s not like you should stop targeting. I got a weapon from my cache that doesn’t exactly have the best stats but it was 25 ilvls better than what I had, with a socket and corruption. Kind of a no brainer.

Stats were just as complicated back then as they are now but no one was running programs to actually find what your best stats are as your ilvl gets higher.

To me it’s just like advanced stats in sports. The underlying metrics have always been there but not quantified until recently and indeed there are people who try to fight advanced statistics with junk like “remember the good old days when all you needed was the eye test to tell a player was good???” Okay, well I can see clearly from this chart this dude has awful corsi and is a detriment to his team when he’s on the ice but your “eye test” says he’s good sooooo who is right?

1 Like

I think it’s weird that people care about BiS list items so much. It’s like they don’t care about the use or the utility of the stats on the item, just the fact that it has the biggest dps numbers. Might as well replace every stat with ilvl if nobody’s gonna pay attention to stamina, resistances, armor penetration, specific masteries, etc. Some bosses or encounters or situations in pvp favor different types of stats, but it’s like nobody cares about that, just what is on the BiS list.

1 Like

BiS is for Best gear you can get for that class rather it be for pvp or raiding or pve w.e What you said made no sense what so ever… the Whole point of BiS is having best stats on that item for whatever aspect you decide to play.

They have BiS gear for pvp
They have BiS gear for pve
They have BiS gear for raiding

Wtf are you talking about no one cares about stats? and Yes biggest DPS is the most important when you are doing raiding, why would you focus on stamina as a hunter which you can’t even change?

Please let the big boys talk, you clearly are clueless…