Complete UI crash... pls read

I was messing around and testing with a new addon (BetterBlizzardNameplates). Finally went back to my previous setup and had to correct some nameplate CVar values that I messed with.

I have the screen shots of the values I was using before with no problems, so I wasn’t worried. But something went south and now the game is unplayable. It locks out, nothing works and the msg “Your AddOns are experiencing a large number of errors and may be slowing down the game (…)”.

I deleted the AddOns, the WTF and the Cache folders, but it didn’t work. I already tried the repair tool and a complete new instalation to no avail.

I would like to try the “/console cvar_default” command - which I’m almost sure would correct the problem - but the game can’t even register the “enter” key, hence, I can’t send msgs…

I understand this is something related to the specific “error config” being saved server side.

I hope I can get the attention of anyone who can help me with this. Thanks in advance!

(since I’m new to the foruns, I’m not able to paste the error report)

There a seperate Interface\AddOns, WTF and Cache folders for each version of the game. Are you certain you removed/renamed the ones for the version that is having problems?

They are under the folders _retail_ for Dragonflight, _classic_ for Cata and _classic_era_ for vanilla.

Yes! Absolutely positive.

I only play retail… have no other versions. And I deleted the whole World of Warcraft folder.

And as I said, I also tried repairing and a fresh install…

Edit:
I can also provide the error logs, just gotta find a way to do it since this channel is not allowing me to.

Thanks for reaching out!

Before starting the game, delete the [WoW]\_retail_\Logs\FrameXML.log file.
After logging out, see if there’s anything in the file and copy/paste here inside code tags (the </> button aboce the edit box).

First check if any of the lines (after the timestamp) start with
Interface/AddOns/
As that would indicate you still have addons installed causing errors.

I’d create a /console cvar_default macro in your \World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\NAME\macros-cache.txt file and then drag it to your bars and hit it, if you can.

VER 3 0000000000000074 "Default" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
/console cvar_default
END

Tweak the 0000000000000074 if it doesn’t show up when you load in the first time.

Could probably also build a simple addon that runs the command if the macro doesn’t work.

Wrap them in code tags ```words``` or slap em up on pastebin and wrap the url in code tags.

Good morning, guys!

I’m glad to say I was able to reset everything with @Elvenbane’s suggestion for creating a macro. Wasn’t smooth, since the button pressing was not regestering (had to shake the camera and what not, smashing keys, etc…)

BUT…

It finally, worked! The key registered and the configs reseted!

I want to thank both @Fizzlemizz and @Elvenbane for reaching and helping out! Appreciate you guys!

Have a good week!

PSS.: May this post be saved for future generations.

1 Like