Compendium of Roleplay Guides

Nice post, Feyawen! Please add my guide in there somewhere, it covers a broad aspect of RP mechanics. :slight_smile:

(This is Dahlyna by the way!)

8 Likes

Leave your number with my secretary. We’ll take 'em to the cleaners!

2 Likes

Ishnu’alah Dahlyna!

I’ve read through your guide and it’s incredibly well done. I’ve added it to the top of the list under Introductory Guides. Thank you so much for your contribution! :heart::crescent_moon:

4 Likes

This is amazing! What a fantastic tool. Thanks so much for putting it together for us. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for including my guide (stories in publication order).

To be clear, Cannibal made a guide of the stories in chronological timeline order, my guide I made but in the order the stories were published.

I only point this out because I worked very hard to make my guide and I did it by myself.

Edit: Here is a link to Cannibal’s guide, as it should be added as well.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for adding my guide in there as well!

Im surprised you found it, I thought it had been lost and buried in the void that is the forums! Now I’ll have to get around to updating it soon with some of the new dark iron info we’ve garnered in BFA

3 Likes

You’re doing God’s work! There aren’t enough :blue_heart:'s for this!

3 Likes

It’s one of my favorites, and I look forward to seeing the updates, @Throren!

If you happen to know of any Dark Iron Dwarf (exclusive) guides, please let me know. It happens to be the only player race I could not find an independent guide for :confounded:

Thank you for reaching out, Fenshire! I have gone ahead and made the corrections on the list. Please review it and let me know if it has been updated to your satisfaction. :heart: :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

this is dope

2 Likes

My pleasure and thank you again for including my guide! Your compendium is amazing! It’ll provide me with many hours of good reading. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woah, this is a work in progress?! It already looks so good!

2 Likes

I read the Time Is Money Cataclysm goblin guide a long time ago and I honestly feel it’s not worth including in the list.

It’s very outdated, and it honestly reads more like a “leaks from the new expansion” (Cataclysm) list than a guide to an extent.

1 Like

Your organization skills and all the work that went into this speaks to my soul.

You are incredible, Feyawen! Thank you so much for putting all this together!!! I’ll add it to the welcome to WrA post when I update it tomorrow!

4 Likes

@Keelhaul Thank you for your feedback. “Time is Money: A guide to Goblins in Cataclysm” (circa 2010) is unquestionably dated, and has been marked :scroll: archived. You may notice this trend with some other guides as well, since not all articles or guides are maintained over the years. It is one of the few guides I located and was able to salvage from the wreckage of the Old Forums, and I had hoped to keep as many of those around for posterity as I can.

When guides become so dated that current lore far exceeds the lore of the old guides, I will add a :scroll: beside the title to indicate that it’s part of the Compendium for archival purposes.

When guides become obsolete, either because the player who wrote it is no longer active in the community or the game, or simply due to neglect, it will be marked with the :reminder_ribbon:.

In the event you find a more extensive and updated guide for Goblin Roleplay, I will be more than happy to add that to the list as well. :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah… I noticed that too. :frowning:

This guide is likely lost forever, but it was one of my favorites.

I recall it had some inaccuracies, but was still rather inspiring for me with the number of ideas it presented.

2 Likes

So is there a way to flag the main post without having to report it as the given choices?

You mean to get it pinned?

I don’t think there’s a way for a community to get anything pinned these days. I got mine pinned by opening a ticket and asking if it were possible to, so I think Feya would have to be the one to do so and request it be pinned.

Fey I noticed some typos:

An Tailor
Goblin Elf

:laughing:

1 Like

Responding to myself here to add something:

From what I’ve seen, if you’re active on the forums and have shown good behavior/good faith or whatever, Blizz will likely pin it if its clearly something helpful to the community. I see no reason why they’d decline a request if Feya put one in for this!!! -crosses fingers-

2 Likes

It’s always great to learn about guides that have inspired others. I took the liberty of inquiring with the SI:7, and with the help of a few agents we managed to pull this particular guide out of the void. It has been added under the Goblin section and marked archived. Please enjoy, and please don’t ask why I’m covered in slime. :octopus:

Shaha lor’ma, Master Shadowfern. I’ve gone ahead and fixed these. :broom:

3 Likes