Companion App Error

I made a support ticket and they told me to go to the forums because they said GMs don’t support the app.

I installed the companion app and it doesn’t work. It only works when I’m not playing the game. If I log into the game the companion app kicks me out on my phone and tells me I logged in some place else. I try to log in again and it keeps telling me I’m already logged in on another device.

So I guess the entire point of this app is to help me see where to go and what WQs are there, etc… which seems pointless if I can only use it while I’m not playing the game and I can’t figure out how to fix it.

You’ll want to post in the mobile bug support channel. If it’s not something a GM could fix, there is likely little to be done here as well as there are no GMs or Devs that come here. Customer Support is a forum for players to assist other players.

Also, that information can also be found right on WoWHead’s front page too. Just so you have an alternate method of finding out what you want. And another alternative to that, if you don’t mind using add-ons? I definitely recommend World Quest List. It’ll have them for any zone in-game that offers world quests.

1 Like

It seems like you’re essentially logging into the character when using the app, so the character can’t be online two places at once. The app has worked this way for at least the last two years or so that I’ve used it. It’s meant to assist you when you’re not at the computer. You can use it to do your mission table on your lunch break or say something in guild chat. There are many features you can use aside from seeing the world quest rewards (which is still pretty useful to see what’s up in the new zone to figure out which character to log on with for the day - if only I could see daily rewards, too… :thinking:).

I guess I didn’t know what this app was for then. It seemed pointless for me not to be able to use it while playing. I thought it was there to help me get through stuff without needing to alt-tab out to wowhead constantly. It seemed like it would be useful to have everything on my phone next to me. I guess I’ll just uninstall it and try something else.

Thanks.