Comp theories? Frost+what+what?

I run my own unique build which includes double nova no frost bite. I don’t like that rDruid usually runs mass entangle or ursols and drs my blastwave+frost novas. Not a big deal but I am super picky when it comes to CC. I also do not like that DB DRs clone/fear/blind so RMD/WMD/WMX are out of question for me. Finding a DF Dr list has been difficult. What do you guys think is the least DR sharing comp for frost mage with the most dispel protection?

The reason I ask is I am running choker of shielding(320k absorb), which can be dispelled but I find it to be better than precog personally. It’s like having an extra great invis. I play human, so I usually trinket, racial or yolo block micro CC with this neck or get dispelled by my healer. Lol. I’m literally racking my brain. Help?

I do like hpal can bop fear while feared and has I think 1 ability that DRs with DB/Fear so its not a big deal. Do paladins not get uber dispel protection with tier like they did in s3 from tier? Rshaman doesn’t have great dispel protection but they are great for DR sharing, only knockback/hex share, which isn’t a big deal for me. I rather a shaman hex when I can’t poly than a priests fear only lasting 3 seconds because I db sheeped.

Help me theory craft? Maybe WW+Frost+what healer? I would appreciate help from multi classers, I only play frost mage. Are there any DPS that provide other dps good dispel protection?

Psure best frost mage comp currently is demo/frost/X maybe shaman?

WW/Frost is probably fine not sure what the best healer would be. Paladin is probably good but couldn’t say for sure

I like the idea of WW+Frost+Hpal, but I think paladin lost their good dispel protection from tier this season. :cry:

Demo pets cleave too much for me if the warlock isn’t good with pet control and its hard to find a demo that doesn’t go rambo.

Mage + warrior I imagine would be fun.

I’m leaning towards WMX too, only spear(root)+fear(db)+dragons charge(knockback) dr with mage?

Also considering double frost+what healer tho? MW doesn’t have great dispel protection and is like B tier at best. rSham doesn’t have good dispel protection either. Also finding another frost mage who doesn’t run splitting ice and is on the same page as you without voice is rough. He would have to run no glacial+frost bite too. I don’t mind us both running double nova, will definitely will DR nova, but its worth it because triple nova DR no frost bite with 8/4/2 second timers is huge, they will be forced to dispel and nova is on a 30 second cooldown so it exceeds dr anyways.

If you’re focused on dispel protection you’re probably gonna need to play a wizard cleave, or you’re gonna have to use bomb to bait dispels to punish with poly.

You just have to decide what you want bomb to be in your playstyle and build around that

Pretty much, warrior fear is on a longer cd tho, so that doesn’t really matter. Most warriors don’t use spear. For the healer I’m not sure. Maybe a h priest? H priest I feel could keep up a mage well outside of your block and the warrior is basically your personal bodyguard if he does his job correctly.

You’d have guardian, intervene, stuns from the warrior, lot’s of damage, you help the warrior get to his target by slowing everything. I think it’d be a decent comp, would probably be harder to play than a triangle formation comp tho.

Yea, I am really leaning towards double mage, fire has a lot of buffs in TWW. Dunno how many provide dispel protection? They also are changing cauterize to reset frost spells as frostfire in TWW. Though you lose stun if you go frostfire. Letting cauterize proc so you can get ring+mass barrier behind a far pillar and drink will be big in 2s. You also get ice barrier and blazing barrier both when you barrier as frostfire. Assuming they hotfix mass barrier to reset with cauterize on TWW Beta. Right now frost is not looking as competitive as fire on TWW beta because of sunfury stun. I’ll still play frost though 100%. Mass barrier is on the frost tree, so it should reset and the other talent. Very powerful if it does, you can proc caught and mass barrier yourself always. Also its hard to dispel a fire mage offensively because they usually use the procs soon as they get them. The only time fire is really dispelled is when they have a barrier up.

I asked on Aeg disc and he said hpriest.

1 Like

That makes sense for sure.

Op means alter purge protection, not prevention of debuff cleansing

1 Like

Ahhh this is makes more sense, then.

Besides rdruid (out due to drs), does any healer offer enough?

Priests have pw:s and renew (holy), mw have like 1 I can’t name, same with hpal and Pres right? Oh snap I completely left off rsham, but anyway they have riptide right?

Hpal last week lol

Boomkin aura stacks are good for it too I think

Frozen/Spicy chicken actually fun to play

Feral/mage/x

Frost Mage, Frost DK, Disc Priest.

Some good old fashioned freedom cleave.

Frost arcane rdruid.

triple knock with blast wave, typhoon and supernova. double wall against evokers and hunters so you can run in circles around anyone

Yea liberty, uhm, does frost still cleave hard like it use to? Can they pick a single target build?

Idk you’d have to ask one of the two masochists that still play frost dks