Comp Stomp Renown Catchup

Even that’s not enough to contribute to a BG. It’s a backward system where you have to do arenas and get at least 1400 rating to do random BGs. 1400 isn’t hard at all but it’s not a good system to have where you have to do the more organized content in order to do the random, unorganized content. That’s the point I was making. If random BGs are the ‘starting point’ for PVP gearing, you need need PVP gear in order to get honor which you would spend on honor gear in order to go into arena to get conquest gear. It’s backwards.

This is why Random BGs should have templates.

True. They should have templates.

Are you guys keeping track of your gains? I’m at 2(renown)/10(CompStomps) so far (20%). I gave up yesterday because I stopped getting Renown and I didn’t know if you would continue to get it after a certain point and really I still don’t, but Kaivex’s post makes it sound like you should it’s just rare maybe? :man_shrugging: Only at 48 Renown so I would have guessed I’m low enough to have a good chance each game.

Last time comp stomp was up, my warrior capped out after a certain renown level. I want to say it was below 59 because I needed to do some korthia chapters to unlock the final upgrade tiers for honor gear. I might be misremebering though.

Regardless, I’m going to be doing some games on my now necrolord druid here. I’ll document how my renown gains go.

Just finished my tenth and nothing, it’s just wasting time at this point, best of luck to you though! :smiley:

1 Like

I did 6 in a row and post 48 renown did not gain any. Seems either bad luck or horrifically exponentially slowed down as someone approaches the cap.

1 Like

It always catches me off guard when I see a blue post here in the wild.

I was getting renown almost every 4 games in the 60s, its all rng, one time i got 2 in a row 66-68.

2 Likes

Everything they did for conquest this patch should have been mimiced for honor.

1 Like

its almost more upsetting that a blue post would show up on this thread than no blue post at all. Cuz it shows theyre here, theyre around, theyre reading the forums and watching… they just choose not to respond to meaninful threads on balance or content updates, or things. they see those threads, they just willfully ignore them. would almost rather just consistent apathy than the deliberate ignoring.

2 Likes

Figuring out whether comp stomp can still be used for alt/new covenant renown catchup is not a meaningless thread =b.

I’m doing some testing on this toon, doing 20 games starting from 40 renown to see how far i get, i’ll post my results here.

seems pretty meaningless to me. can be answered just as you’re doing. by taking 5 minutes to jump into a comp stomp and check if you get a renown at the end… and you likely will…

Yeah you can test whether renown drops just by queueing a single game. What i’m testing is if comp stomp is still a good way to grind renown, i.e you can grind to 80 or at least somewhat high, and if its fast.

all you really need is 60 for pvp. 59 is the last deepening bond renown.

I just did 3 in a row, no renown.

2 Likes

I went from 68 to 78 in the 27 games I’ve done so far, so about 1/3. A few of those games were done at 78 though, maybe 5 or 6 without getting to 79.

2 Likes

Definitely seemed like it was more consistent yesterday.

Maybe they stealth nerfed it after people realized it was an easy renown grind?

1 Like

you only get it every queue when you’re below 40 and then it slows down a bit and you just have to get lucky.

1 Like

lol you reply to this but not the thread with more views, comments, and likes in wow’s recent history on pvp gearing

hey boss u cant go 78-80 without doing the weekly quest