Community UI Lua errors

This error occurs even on a brand new character with 0 addons.

I created a cross-faction community and every time I open the membership roster or try to right click a name in the roster, I get the following error in chat:

“There are too many errors in your UI. As a result… etc”

The specific error is below. This pops up and just continues to increment.

This only happens if the character is the owner of the community. I tested this by giving ownership to a friend who was not getting the errors. as soon as he had ownership, they started. He gave ownership back to me and his errors stopped.

The error from bugsack:

296x SharedXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:1345: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
[string “@SharedXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua”]:1345: in function <SharedXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:1344>
[string “=[C]”]: in function UIDropDownMenu_EnableButton' [string "@FrameXML\UnitPopupShared.lua"]:248: in function OnUpdate’
[string “@FrameXML\UnitPopupShared.lua”]:273: in function `UnitPopup_OnUpdate’
[string “:OnUpdate"]:3: in function <[string ":OnUpdate”]:1>

Locals:
level = 1
id = 17
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “1”
(*temporary) = “Button”
(*temporary) = “17”
(*temporary) = “attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)”

I am getting this as well. I tried turning off addons. When that didn’t work, I tried a full UI reset. Still get the error. Not sure why.

Only this happens in my guild roster with people of the same faction.

1 Like

Happy to know i’m not the only one

I tried deleting cache, wtf and interface folders to do a complete reset but this error still pops up when right clicking people in my guild. Somehow the friend list and the community members are unaffected…

Hoping Blizzard fixes it soon

I’m getting the same thing and have been for a while. Has there been anything said on a fix?

I am experiencing the same issue the OP describes. I was given ownership of a Com that is now x-faction, several weeks ago, and since that time, whenever I right-click a name in the com, I get: “There are too many errors in your UI. As a result… etc”

Like others have said, it only happens on toons that have leadership. An alt of mine (same account, addons, settings, etc) in the very same com, with only basic membership, does not experience this error.

Furthermore, this happens even with TOTAL deletion/removal of the folders WTF, Interface, and Cache. I even went the extra distance of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game.

Same, very annoying when trying to update ranks in a guild or a community.