Community perception of classes

Saw a video from preach gaming and was shocked do people actually believe that enhancement shamans are bad?? I could understand elemental but enhancement has always been the correct dps spec to play.

He is right about feral druids I admit I avoid feral druids

1 Like

8.1 actually put elemental in a pretty decent spot, still a shadow of its final Legion playstyle, but a good spot nonetheless. It’s gonna take a bit before the community perception changes to reflect that though.

1 Like

Blizzard is aware of how perception hinders the specs. But they didn’t care and said wait until 8.1 (further adding to the perception).

2 Likes

Well the only reason I think feral druids are bad is because when I first did mythic King’s Rest I took a feral druid along and he was just terrible…it was absolutely shameful, couldn’t get past the first boss, as soon as had two hunters, that was it, game over, we won easy.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s because fewer people play those specs, so everyone’s perception of them is subject to more variance than with common specs.

If 1/4 players is great, 1/2 are ok, and 1/4 is awful, and I play with 20 mages it’ll be pretty clear that mages are fine and that some of them were just bad.

But if I only get to play with 1 spriest, I can’t really tell if it was the player or the spec.

1 Like

Enhance has the damage. To me it just isn’t fun. There isn’t any sort of flow. Just press the glowy or the thing that just came off cool down. Like whack a mole.

1 Like

But if I only get to play with 1 spriest, I can’t really tell if it was the player or the spec.

In 99.9% of situations, it is always the player, never the spec. Don’t let someone using various lame excuses try to tell you otherwise. Maybe in the crazy world of classic this may have been true, but nowadays the only thing holding anyone from back is themselves. It’s a hard thing to accept for a lot of folks but it’s the truth.

1 Like

So you think an elemental shaman can do good in mythic raids?

1 Like

I know, I was just illustrating the point. I think a lot of players don’t actually bother figuring out that some specs they don’t see often are fine.

i prefer ele to mages right now in my m+ pugs

hex is great, earthquake is great, their elementals can tank and are awesome and cap totem beats ghuun adds

the problem with enhance is the problem with every other melee; we aren’t rogues or DHs

So you think an elemental shaman can do good in mythic raids?

100% absolutely. Any spec in any situation can do well. It might not be the best but if you focus on your own gameplay and not others, you will do fine. Just continue getting better. Disclaimer: Barring world first scenarios in which a few thousand people participate out of millions (top10 mythic raiding, mdi m+, blizzcon pvp etc.)

1 Like

I guess the issue is in the normal/heroic raiding community all everyone cares about is your ilvl and dps, is it different with mythic raids, do they actually care that you can do good utility?

I guess the issue is in the normal/heroic raiding community all everyone cares about is your ilvl and dps, is it different with mythic raids, do they actually care that you can do good utility?

If you’re just PuGing, it’s indeed tougher. I can’t really say anything since I don’t do that type of content. I play with my friends in my guild only, so it’s hard for me know how to help. The one thing I’d suggest to everyone is find a well established guild and make friends.

Here, this was posted some days back.

Shamans in general have always been terrible compared to other classes for PvP aside from resto. :woman_shrugging:

Most players aren’t talking about numbers, though it helps, but the abilities and how lacking it can be to rotations. You can continue to buff Feral or Marksman to being top tier DPS, but the rotation and abilities and talents are trash and lack synergy, and that is the internal issue that continues to be ignored. Like how BM and other class specs were top at the beginning of BFA and they nerfed them down to under performing class specs when in fact they should have looked and “asked”, though there were Feedback on this, about the major issues effecting that class spec so that they too can be on par with the ones that are already performing well. Now look at what we have… almost most of those classes specs need to be buffed again because now “they” are performing bad. Enhancement Shaman may be good in terms of “damage” but the rotation and abilities lack Shaman Fantasy. What are we… enhancing? Why even call it a spec that is suppose to enhance abilities when in fact we not really enhancing much beside waiting for Proc RNG. Take away flametounge and Frostband from the rotations and bring back the 59 minute buff to whatever weapon you choose like rogues poisons. Bring back raid totem buffs for enhancing the raid. Make a tier that can buff you or the raid in different ways. Take some of the PVP abilities and bring it to PVE. Make the Procs on windfury less RNG and proc more. Bring back the old lightning shield ability that did dmg per attack you did and the 15% damage reduction. Bring back that electric ability that buffed certain raid members, but create something more unique to it. Change Fury of Air into something more desirable. Maybe a cool Air shield like Lightning shield. Something. You can pull 1 million dps, but the spec is still bland.

1 Like

I still haven’t managed to pug M+ this expansion because I’m a Shadow Priest in BFA. That’s mostly community perception at work.

In the past, it was accepted that shadow priests were bad, but they were allowed to be bad because they are shadow priests.