Community council

The community council lets Blizzard know what a very small cross section of the wow customers think about their game.

Did you know you can up vote posts you like?

Too bad we can down vote post we think are horrible. That way Blizzard would have a better understanding of what their customer really think.

3 Likes

Would they, though?

2 Likes

A small cross-section, but a hand-picked cross-section.

I don’t see the point in upvotes or downvotes in this case - the majority never come to the forum - so it’s just an un-curated cross-section expressing their opinion.

I haven’t visited it. I’m unsure if my experience with all things WoW would be benefited by reading a discussion I cannot participate in. :man_shrugging:

My vote is universally true for all of them

They are green
So I am mean
Deal with it :sunglasses:

-From White text

Simply vote on the posts that makes sense to you; no need to open another CC thread where trolls will take over. You could also contact members on the council too, if you need to express your opinion. The CC is not about solving EVERY issue, it’s simply there to try and find issues that are the most pressing. If you read these threads, many have great input and there are indeed many reps who speak for lots of players. Either choose to work with CC or just ignore it.

Implying that’s the goal of the community council. It’s just PR man. Blizzard know what players want, the playersbase was really vocal in the Shadowlands beta. They just don’t care.

3 Likes

I have read and agree with many. However, I’m not seeing anything new brought up. Blizzard already had this information.

1 Like

So what is something ‘new’ you wish to see brought up?

Good suggestion.

Mirasol, Basil, Lethalos and Sensation are the most interactive of the council so far; they have responded to several GD threads. They are ones I would share feedback with, imo <3

Nothing, Blizzard already knows what their customers think from it’s own forums, fansites and youtube.

Community council is closed discussion with very limited number of yes people posting.

What are some new ideas you have? I have seen most of the CC thread covers lots of what we post here in GD…just no idea what new ideas could be?

The problem is that Blizzard has a ton of info. There is likely not going to be anything anyone can say that is earthshattering and new.

What would be new is Blizzard actually replying and giving their thoughts on the topics. Even if they don’t plan to do something, how about telling us their thoughts on why. Or maybe something is not going to change this expansion, but they might do so in a different one.

All feedback has been going into a giant black hole for so many years. If this gets them to start communicating again then that would be a win for that sake alone.

At least in my opinion.

6 Likes

:frowning:

/10 char

1 Like

The average WoW poster doesn’t know what constructive criticism or even paragraphs are.

No it doesn’t. The community council is just green texted general discussion forums. It appears Blizzard has already abandoned the idea as they aren’t responding to any of the threads in there with any sort of regularity. Just go look at the forums…Blizzard is responding to maybe 1 in 20 posts, and even then they aren’t actually engaging or following up, it will just be a single reply within a thread.

Again, you’re assuming Blizzard is reading the community council posts lol.

2 Likes

I do post when I have a new idea. The point is, Blizzard already has our opinions. The Community council makes little sense to me.

You mean from the roughly 1% of the playerbase who post here? Yep! That’s definitely a better understanding of what everyone thinks! :smiley::+1:

I hope you are right. BTW, I really respect your posts.

It’s a lot more than 100 customer, a lot!

I haven’t seen anybody address the main problems with Mythic raiding: spreadsheet bosses, 15-minute fights with long boring stretches, or the unsuitability of the great vault for progression raiding.