Community Council : The future of Mounts and Flying in WoW

I agree ,my flamewarden would like it if the designer would stop changing it first it’s sound and now its run.

not only do they but its the best implementation of mounts i ever seen in a game
they started adding them in path of fire expansion

might have to go redownload GW2 then again there wasnt any expansions last time i played so i might be a bit behind

1 Like

we hate vehicle fights. stop this.

Leave the mounts alone. I love my mounts and have a blast flying them. Maybe you don’t have fun with your mounts. I do. Sounds like you just made up this post to bring up another MMO.

You should have kept reading. The OP is a person criticizing the person who pasted a twitter post, not the actual twitter poster.

I agree. I think its long overdue for Blizzard, or the council, to do some actual player polls to collect “real” imperial data about player opinions on important topics such as mounts and flying.

1 Like

But I can. :laughing:

YOU DONT SPEAK FOR ME.

Can we just stop saying this kind of stuff. Quit picking apart details of post and just go with the overall theme.

1 Like

I agree with this.

However, the OP’s point (in the post you quoted) is that Blizz should make more mounts with unique abilities, and design the world around their use. I heartily agree with that. Now, I DO like all my “regular” mounts, but I also adored my water strider. I liked it both because it was really cute, and it could walk on water. I was definitely in the group that was ticked when they removed its ability.

So, yeah. If I had my way, Blizz would get rid of mount equipment and make more mounts with special abilities. (And give the water strider back its stride!)

3 Likes

Did they “like” them, or did they simply use them because they were objectively better than other mount forms.

On my Druid, I’m not especially a big fan of Travel Form, but it’s better than normal mounts are (due to no cast time), so I rarely use mounts on my Druid outside stuff like vendor mounts.

It would be such an undertaking this late into the game. I just don’t see it happening unless of course you’re fine with something half-baked… like the mount equipment.

You can imagine the outrage if they started adding mounts with special abilities while keeping atrociously low drop rates or just plain hard to get. Like for example you have to have a certain mount to enter a special area. That would never go over well with people.

I just like how people keep asking for “imperial” data, are we asking about an empire? Might want some empirical data though.

2 Likes

I don’t mind having mounts that offer unique benefits depending on what you are trying to do. I actually like that. I like Sky Golem and a lot of people do like the sky golem. Maybe not everyone enjoys that, but players like me and many others do.

2 Likes

With as many mounts and varieties they have I feel it’s much too late for this. To go through what 600+ mounts to change this for would be a massive under taking.

Also the issue with this is that like with the water strider, players will just use the mount that gives the best benefit because that is what happened with the water strider. When you couldn’t fly, everyone was just in a water strider and adding unique effects to mounts directly would just.go back to that “use the best option” mentality.

I would rather see an expansion in the mount equipment system instead and maybe I corporate those ideas into that. Players will still use the equipment considered the best but at least not everyone will be on the same mount.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback