Community Council member unleashes their inner Worgen

I miss the Cata/MoP days when people would advertise for 40 man Gilneas RP.

4 Likes

I just crashed literally a RP there with my Tauren. I’m glad to see that they also opened it up for Horde, I did it on an Alliance Worgen first for all three rewards.

I mean I disagree when you consider the current worgen have been a part of saving the world like 10 times and saving the emerald dream now twice.

2 Likes

That just makes them an opinionated member of that group.

It also conveniently ignores that it’s not disrespectful for blizzard to have a different opinion on cosmetic design than some loud and opinionated members of the community. It’s blizzard’s game.

1 Like

Yeah, give us a Taylor Swift-based dance animation, and watch WoW instantaneously become the most popular game in the world again.

That’s pretty funny, especially after all the effort and grandeur they put behind giving the Nelves a new tree, complete with portals and flight path, as well as giving Horde severe restrictions. Makes the Seeds of Renewal patch even more hilariously bad

3 Likes

And yet they knew they did not enough. Check the updated reward armor. In their panic they forgot to remove the design from the butt. They did a low effort job on purpose, despite giving the whole zone new NPCs. As far as I can tell:

• Size fix for the shoulders, they are too big on Worgen in general. Or at least for the new Noblesuit
  • of Gilneas-title
  • Greyguard-title
  • Slash-Animation for Melee characters
  • Release the darker original heritage armor-design
  • New Noblesuit fix (gold line above the belt, when you split the transmog, secondly making the belt 3D and give it the gloss effect from the Heritage armor)
  • Smokey Charger horse mount with gold design
  • Gilnean Horses with flags on the back
  • NPC-mistakes (wrong tabard, several NPCs use the 7th legion tabard)
  • Make the inns “rested” in Gilneas
  • Portal to Gilneas in SW/OG. The Horde has an easier access to the new neutral city than the Alliance, which shouldn’t have happened.
  • And they Worgen-toy should be lootable to all players, so Worgen only can use them.
  • And of course, tails.

I’m just highlighting you, but would you mind to post this list above in one of the Worgen-topics in the CC? It’s a collective list I saw in the discussions yesterday in Gilneas during the RP.

3 Likes

Wrong. I just started to play my two Worgens again and the race is simply not finished. Even the new shoulder transmogs from the Reclamation-storyline are way too big for them as Worgen but fit as a human. What’s the point of the race then, if they don’t feel like a humanoid wolf?

The race lacks so much. I really would love to play them more often but they haven’t put enough effort into them to justify making them a permanent choice. You can’t even mix/match properly between both heritage sets, because it was a rushed job.

3 Likes

What the hell is this??? When I looked at that picture, I thought “obviously, the smoothed Greymane is from 10 years ago or something”. What??? Did the goblins invent Botox in Azeroth…? Or was that made by the spine surgeons that fixed orcs and trolls?? LOL

Baps tauren with a newspaper :newspaper_roll:

Bad necro… bad!

2 Likes

Though note that the legion one was pre-rendered. And most likely used a more custom model while the new one seems closer to the one used by players.

Otherwise they has been bit of a shift in art direction. More washed out and mated colors, as well as less ruggedness in the details… Well mostly, there is the random animal that somehow ends up with the older style.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_pix/turtleprimal_green.jpg
Stupid forum ranks…

1 Like

There we go.

1 Like

I feel for worgen, the other races get lots of updates and it takes how long to “cure” the female chihuahua look.

a few new fur colors and a tail isnt all that bad, i mean we just got our 2nd draenei and human, 3rd dwarf, and 4th elf.

I dont play much alliance but it feels like they worgen got sidelined as alliance attack dogs. Also I swear when they were added they were supposed to be the alliances morally dark or grey faction, or have I gone crazy?

While we’re at it can we also make males stand up straight so our head is above our shoulders?

And we can finally get real hairstyles? Kinda boring to only have neck beard options for hair

Would also solve a LOT of the weird armor problems if we stood up straight.

I don’t understand how female Worgen have an overall humanoid look. They stand up straight, head and neck on top of shoulders… but somewhere along the line males got head/neck jutting out of their chest. Why?

1 Like

Question is, aside from the small percentage of people who use forums, how do you know this is something the players in general want to see? Is it a high priority with players or not?

What percentage of the players who do NOT use the forums, want this?

1 Like

If it hits reddit /wow top page, then a lot of people want it.

Statistics exist for that purpose, and I’m fairly sure they use those. When you take a sample of forum people and you find out many of them have an idea of what they want, it’s possible to extrapolate, with some margin of error of course, those numbers to the total population.
Also, if it’s optional, everyone is happy. Who wants it uses it, who doesn’t want it, does not use it.

The problem is probably not that they think people don’t want it. The problem is that making players happy is a lower priority than squeezing money out of them with basically every system possible. And we know how well this has been working for them for the past several years…

1 Like

I really think people have a problem with the word “optional”. If you’re not familiar with this word, I can only advise you to look it up in a dictionary.

For years, players have been taking turns on the same request, since 2010 this desire exists, since the first appearance of worgens people ask to have optional tails. People have been asking for this feature for almost 14 years now, as well as the possibility of automatically reverting to human form after a fight. Worgen have waited a long time for this option… Blizzard had to create a new race with this addition to finally get it, and yet it doesn’t even offer a bonus for worgens compared to dracthyr.

I don’t understand the refusal to have more customization options, to be against adding optional options in order to let players customize their characters according to their desires, isn’t that the very idea of an mmo? To be able to embody the character we want in a multiplayer world. Why should some people have the right to have their wishes fulfilled and others not? Why can’t a 14-year-old request, renewed for 7 expansions and soon 8, finally see the light of day? Do we really have to wait until World of Warcraft is truly dead before Blizzard agrees to add this option?

3 Likes

That’s assuming that a high percentage of WoW users enter notes in reddit. I know I never ented a note on reddit and the only time I even read those notes is when they show up in a search.

So the question is, what percentage of WoW players enter notes about a WoW issue on forums, this one, reddit or other? Until it’s shown to be a significant number and until it’s shown to be a significant percentage of those people supporting a particular idea, it’s just a guess.

Even then there is the question of bias for people who enter notes as opposed to people who don’t which is the main reason big polling agencies never use internet forums to gather information.

I agree they have ways of using statistics and I believe that when you see a big discrepency between what the forum echo chambers are calling for and what happens it is because the statistics show that the echo chamber does not represent “the players” as they claim they do.

As for making money, I’m not sure if you are aware of this but Blizzard is not the only “for profit” business on the planet that is trying to “squeeze money out of customers”, as much as they can.

In fact you can easily tell which companies are focused on the bottom line and which ones are not. The ones who are not go out of business.