Community Council Member trying to mute player's feelings

Over 10 years I have been playing WoW,

Let me tell you (in case you didn’t know) how much Blizzard does not give a **** about players aka customers aka their income…

After over a decade playing this lil guy called Nigi https://worldofwarcraft.com/fr-fr/character/eu/medivh/nigi/ I moved to the States where playing end of the game content at European hours became nearly impossible. Most guilds playing 9PM-Midnight in Europe meant I had to play in the afternoon (EST hours).

I tried to keep it going for as long as I could, working jobs that would allow me to be off at the right time to raid and do MM+ in the middle of the afternoon (evening time in Europe). But I can’t anymore.

Money is not an issue, I could pay for it. I could loose all my gear. I could loose all reps and mounts, whatever it takes for Blizzard to transfer or copy my character Nigi from EU to NA servers.

But guess what, an $8 Billion revenue in 2020 is not enough for Blizzard to be able to implement a feature to do this. They are not even able to copy my beloved Warrior so I can keep playing with him and growing old together in North America.

After many requests, they simply told me to pay for game time in NA servers and also in EU if I wanted to keep contact with my old friends…

And so I did. But I learn everyday and Blizzard fooled me again, after starting a brand new tasteless Warrior with no soul or love for on NA servers, making me feel like I was cheating on Nigi, I reach out to Blizzard again.
To my surprise, they tell me I also had to pay for Shadowlands again. Supposedly because even the Epic version purchased only worked for my account in EU and not the one they had me creating on NA servers.

It seems like a lot to understand but if you don’t, read again. This is really only a call to remember my old friend Nigi. It might be a lost cause, Blizzard might have became greedy and deaf like a lot of us, but please let me say it.

Long live Nigi the Night Elf Warrior created 12 years ago in May 2009. Fought for the Alliance and many guilds on Medivh.

Amen

5 Likes

I am sorry to hear you did not understand how WoW licenses work. Since 2004 they have worked as follows:

WoW EU and WoW NA are completely and totally separate. They are separate licenses and separate servers. Blizzard has never been willing to create a tool to migrate between them.

In 2009 Battlenet Accounts were launched. Under a Bnet account you can have 8 WoW licenses. Each one of those needs to have a purchased copy of the game and an active sub to play. That means even two NA server licenses would be purchased separately and have game time applied separately.

You CAN have an EU and an NA license under the same Bnet account, but again, the license purchases and game time are separate. Nothing on the two is shared in any way.

This is how WoW has always been. So far, they have not indicated that will change.

For the Blizzard games that do have Global play like Diablo 3 - while you can access all the Region servers under one game license, chars and progress are Region locked and can’t be transferred either.

If you have further questions about how any of the account systems work, feel free to ask. I am sure players here would be happy to help and ensure you don’t have any misunderstandings that lead to further frustration or disappointment.

10 Likes

:roll_eyes:

EU has never been able to transfer to US and vice versa. You’re being a bit overdramatic.

4 Likes

Nigi is the name of my brother’s sheltie, who is the sweetest little doggo. Long live Nigi indeed!

Cheers! :beer:

4 Likes

Try playing 12 years on one character and having to leave him behind, let’s see who is going to be “overdramatic” …

4 Likes

RIP Customer service. You are missed

1 Like

It’s got nothing to do with me not being able to understand how WoW licenses work. I have emailed Blizzard multiple times so obviously by now I understand how it works as far as licenses/transfer.

It doesn’t change the absurdity of the situation and how sad it is to not be able to transfer a character you’ve spend hundreds of hours playing with.

Trust me if I could keep playing EU hours I would but it’s just not doable.

Coming at me with your answer is just repeating what Blizzard says and it’s like you look like a deaf person and does not have any empathy but just want to give the kind of bad customer service of saying basically “get lost”. Instead try to ask for improvements such as being able to do more, not less.

1 Like

Who is Nigi ?? :face_with_monocle:

My very first and only character I created 12 years ago. Stuck on a EU server that I can’t transfer on NA.

Read my post a second time maybe that will give you more informations about the situation.

Well. facts are facts and have been such since 2004. You want them to give you a service that they have never had - and call CS bad if they don’t do it.

You are free to ask for improvements and make suggestions. That is what the forums are for as well as the in-game suggestion tool. The suggestion to be able to transfer between Regions has been noted many many many times over the years.

Blizzard has so far not done it. There are legal and technical reasons for it. I am sure they COULD over come those if they wanted, but so far they don’t.

To be clear - it is not a lack of empathy. It sucks that you can’t move your character to the NA servers. Nobody thinks it is fun to give up a char you love. All the empathy in the world though does not change the fact that CS has no tools to do what you want.

Criticize Blizz Developers all you want for not making it possible, but it is not the fault of the CS team that they can’t (and never could) move chars between Regions.

6 Likes

Putting this here.
As much as we hate to say it, this could have been prevented with a google search.

3 Likes

The would have never done anything to help in this situation.

1 Like

There are articles all the way back to 2010 that I found with a very quick google search.

This isn’t some new issue that has anything to do with bad customer service.

1 Like

9 MONTHS later

I was not on the Council then, I was a CS/TS/WoW MVP. What I said then was true, and remains true.

CS can not move chars between Regions and that is not their fault.

So what made you decide to necro the thread?

3 Likes

In 2 days, he could have leveled a new Nigi, and spent the rest of the 8 months and 3 weeks doing the achieves etc.

I feel for his original plight, this is my first toon I ever made back after the game launched and I don’t know if i’d continue playing if I had to start over.

But I’d atleast try.

this is a serious case study in “the customer is not always right”

2 Likes

The hate of the CC is real.

What amazes me is that I was just trying to phrase my frustration, instead people answer only to bach feelings and mute players complaints.

This shows what kind of people are around theses days. Like you can’t even have an opinion and feelings? Do we all have to become robots and yes women and yes men?

Thanks to our beloved Community Council Karen aka Mirasol I just might lose my rights to communicate on forums entirely. Well done.

2 Likes

… more like they see you bashing a company because the company won’t make a special exception for you and suspend a policy that has been in place for literally decades due to legal and technical reasons.

just uninstall bud thats how capitalism works welcome to america