Community Council = Fall Guy

Unless someone voluntarily stepped down because they decided they don’t want to do it, nobody else was removed that I know of. My number count in the forum group seems to be the same. So there is only one person at this time.

:man_shrugging: I just listened to the beginning again and it’s supposed to be an interview with two former CC members.

“MM Hunter feedback goes in this thread” “Resto Shaman feedback goes in this thread” “PvP gearing feedback goes in this thread” etc

There is no way to dislike a post or express what part you dislike about a post in the CC forum. Additionally, the amount of likes is bad metric for popularity because it’s possible that the post was seen by 10 or 100 times as many people.

I believe that this will do nothing. Now that the CC forums exist, the devs have virtually no reason to visit any other forum section.

Then the second is either not being honest and Asmon is misled, or nobody knew the person was on the Council and nobody knew they were removed.

Remember that Asmon put in a Support Ticket as a pretend Council Application so he could then do a stunt about getting denied. It was not a real app and not a reply from the CMs in charge of the program.

Reality is that invites went out on Dec 8 which is the first time anyone heard anything. Not all invites have gone out yet. We are at 39 right now (were 40). IF decline notices go out, those would go out after they are done inviting people.

EDIT - because I unintentionally added an extra “S” to the name. No, I was not trying to be rude. I have apparently been wrong for years!

3 Likes

Yes there is. If you want to participate in a discussion about something you see on the CC, MAKE or join a current thread on the rest of the forums.

That is exactly the reason - so you can actually participate in a conversation that you know still gets read, and possibly participated in, by the CC folks.

Brother bearz, Brobearz. I get what you’re saying, but that is giving the CC way too much sway in the Activision process. It’s community PR outreach, not a voluntary enslavement of a corporation to a realm of customer demands and ‘directions’. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is a really good look I’m sure. Go ahead and poke the most popular content creator wow has. You really seem like a great person who wishes others well.

7 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone (with sense) actually believed that ‘application’, although I would’ve liked to have seen him apply to it for real.

In any case, I found the interview to be both insightful and disappointing. The only thing I wish wasn’t said though was the CM’s real name - that went a little too far IMO.

Yes, they are.

erm, wasn’t there a transphobic person who also got removed? Though I don’t think they have the right to talk about it. https://twitter.com/Awoo_gal/status/1471540545432571908?s=20

I just tried this, there is currently no way to one-click quote posts from the CC for people who are not members of the CC. I don’t know how to call the attention of the person who created the post, there are apparently tags @Wild-Velen @Mirasol-mannoroth but they seem to do nothing. The best I could do was this:

What are you talking about? People call me Mira. On my Btag posts they call me MC. I shortened the name. Did I spell it wrong?

I guess a woosh is in order here.

I mean, yes, his actual handle is Asmongold…

1 Like

Worse…it’ll end up like the Jedi council…

That sounds fair in principle. I guess it would depend on how rigid they were about posting choices. Making it ‘open choice’ does mean it takes more time to find posts that might interest you, so such a structure would certainly have been more beneficial for readers.

I agree that while the Like is the only option, I dont know that voting would really achieve anything. If people who arent on the CC feel the need to provide input, they can always link stuff here and talk about that. Will anyone in Blizz read such? Impossible to tell but then its impossible to know how much they take on board from the posts in CC.

And I cant judge whether or not they ‘visit’ any site, whether it be here or Reddit or Discord or Twitter. I’d be quite surprised if they didn’t, even if only out of possibly morbid curiosity…

I dont believe Asmon being on the CC would have been in any way a good idea. He has far too large a profile, it would overwhelm just about everyone else and he would have caused strife even if he didn’t intend to. And imagine if they kicked him off - the noise would have been deafening.

One ‘s’ too many.

1 Like

You spelled it wrong bro :rofl:

Agree - I am not a fan of said streamer - but that was just unnecessarily disrespectful.

Also a very fair point.

I suspect that they visit sometimes, but I would certainly understand if they didn’t want to LOL!