Community Council discussion on Hunter design

I am SUPER happy that beta is open and some ACTUAL feedback is happening, especially regarding NTA. God i hope it gets removed.

Limzinara,

See over on beta you like SFE, can I suggest you advocate for NTA and SFE being a choice node. Further there is nothing stopping them allowing a choice node to be 3 choices.

Heck I’d argue, Steel Trap, NTA and SFE all share a choice node.

For the first 30 mins or so there was no game audio, only microphone

The YouTube upload has no audio at all until 45:38.

He isnt going to advocate for anything. Its what HE wants, not what the COMMUNITY wants. This is why class work really doesnt begin until beta bc only the white knighters get into alpha.
Its widespread that NTA is DOA for most players, especially those who played msv in s1 and s2. No one wants to spend utility for throughput. No one wants to ground target traps every 20 seconds. No one wants to be funneled into taking trap talents in the generic tree instead of healing or other utility.
I would rather see them cut NTA, add ST to a choice node with some other dmg dealing trap, and move the pet talents to the center and expand on them. That way they are more accessable to the two specs that use pets. Then they could add like titanstrike or something. Expand on pets. Etc…

Man, the druid dev is doing well.

He took feral, the only spec to be anywhere near the bottom with surv, he listened to feedback, he understood and reapplied ferals identity, then fully reworks the feral tree.

Wonderful work. That needs to happen with surv.

5 Likes

omg that would be so awesome

He actually did. He used the mirror on one, sadly it also copied the weapon of a dragonboy (which was a staff), but it still showed that it has a gun shooting animation

1 Like

An, gotta love that class dev, eh?

Feral gets a full rework
Balance gets a mastery rework
Resto gets a rework

All one dev while in the hunter corner…

They just killed binding shot, the one utility thats anything different.
MSV is still a complete nightmare
You have white knighters claiming NTA is fun
You have white knighters claiming msv is better the warrior dps specs
Hunters STILL dont have anything that resembles solid, unique raid utility except for 1 3 min EXTREMELY niche spell.
The generic tree is still pretty bad.

I mean, lol…

8 Likes

To some, the focus spikes it provides are fun. That is a valid opinion.

Let it simply be ratio’ed according to its popularity, rather than attempting to slight anyone whose opinion differs from your own?

You seem to be referring to a single comment that the general design to Fury’s tree, which was at the time far less pathing-friendly and therefore ended up with only 2 real builds possible, was worse than the general design of Survival’s tree, which maintains Fury’s problem of dead, self-conflicting, or horribly lackluster nodes but at least allows for a handful of builds. That observation, too, does not make one a white knight.

• No other comparison between the two classes has been made across this thread, the 3 SV threads, the Class+BM talents thread, the Lone Wolf threads, nor the miscellaneous “How is hunter looking?” / “Few wishes” / etc. threads. The closest to come to that was a comparison between Warrior’s Death Sentence PvP gap-closer talent (6s ICD) and Survival’s mobility, offering that there is nothing wrong with Survival having a variety of gap-closers no matter how many Havoc mains may be butt-hurt by it.

But hey, rage and sidelining first, accuracy second, right?

These are the actual core issues.

But the more we try to sideline/gaslight positions offhandedly, the harder it will be to resolve them.

3 Likes

5 Likes

How about bows? :slight_smile:

No bow animation

1 Like

Damn :frowning:
Thanks for info.

Edit: Hunter changes were posted RIGHT after I posted the Binding Shot change

Certainly get the feel from those posts that they are done with hunter trees :frowning:

2 Likes

Seems like it

1 Like

If so, well, ugh.

Crap leveling, loose parity in functionality and build varieties, and no non-redundant raid utility.

It feels like we needed at least a couple more major iterations to consider whether things like Kill Command should even be on the class tree or the likes of Alpha Predator and Serpent Sting should be so late therein.

1 Like

Maybe I missed it… What’s the overlap for Lone Wolf, Survival of the Fittest, and Fortitude of the Bear?

Doesn’t say, just says:

• Fortitude of the Bear should have all of its interactions properly setup now with Command Pet, tenacity pets, as well as Lone Wolf Marksmanship Hunters.
    • The Kindred Beasts PvP talent has also been updated to work with Fortitude of the Bear.