Community Council discussion on Hunter design

Well one definitive answer on the Master Marksman. So thankful for that.

There are currently no Nodes for Arcane Shot on any Spec Tree wondering if this remaining as a baseline Talent for MM and BM as MM effects it. being as its a listed item.

Hopefully we get another active ability as Currently the Rational aspect for BM is still the same with BS KC CS , Option for DB having a 20 second cooldown seems functional on ST with AMoC for AOE as long as AC is no longer Damage mandatory with its current disability.

Id much prefer the passive heal of Spirit Bond rather than Dodge For BM and SV At least as far as BM is concerned Leach is no good either.

Still too many points soaked up by getting to Dire Pack node

Beneath the talent calculators there will be a list of Class Abilities. There you will see that Arcane Shot remains baseline. MM talents will then augment it without requiring MM talent points to buy it initially.

This would seem most easily and comprehensively solved by just having all pet overhealing not from Mend Pet be transferred to the BM Hunter herself/himself. Heck, could lead to some pretty cheesy means of self-sustain and additional efficacy from Spirit Bond-like talents in PvE.

1 Like

How does one make this actually… readable?

I posted some additional tips in my replies following that one.

2 Likes

Well, I would say that the best option is to look at what you can do with active talents for throughput, how to possibly provide more of them as choices in the capstone section(at the bottom). Obviously this means that you won’t be able to get as many as before. But it would, IMO, solve a lot of potential issues you’d otherwise face if throughput, especially active abilities, make up for too much of the tree as a whole. Again, especially if they’re located in the second bracket/middle section.

Made another update to my own concept just now, regarding a modern RSV. There’s now a choice node in row 7 that allows you to pick between 2 talents where one is intended to be a choice for AoE, while the newly added one is intended for ST, or low-target cleave. [Updated for Dragonflight] Munitions - If RSV was to return

Previously, you only had the one talent in that node that allowed for the spreading of Black Arrow to nearby enemies during the major CD.

I think if they grant the choice of Chakrams or Butchery instead of Butchery and Carve and give Chakrams as an upgrade with Butchery with the same synergy as Carve would have with other talents and spells that would move SV into a better spot and Carve can just become a baseline lvl 10 spell for choosing survival.

They need to make Raptor strike Baseline and free at lvl 10 also. Then they should add a synergy upgrade for Arcane shot that has a 25% chance to proc a free kill shot that can be used on any target regardless of health and they can branch it off of Ranger for 1 point. Then also make Arcane shot and steady shot work with 2h weapons with our pocket crossbow.

Remove aspect of Eagle from talent tree and make it a different talent like lacerate but make it our leech heal melee move and we heal off the bleed damage but we can only apply like 2-3 charges each with a 45 sec to 1min CD.

1 Like

Honestly,

Male raptor strike our new KC and put mongoose bite as baseline. Not only does that thematically fit better but it makes more sense. Have flanking strike a 1 min cd then CA a 2 min cd. That way cds line up.

Flanking Strike our new KC, Raptor Strike Baseline, Mongoose Bite optional playstyle, then add Lacerate or a new Devilsaur Bite ability for massive focus spender/ massive damage.

1 Like

There is few things I would change in the Beast Master tree.

Like they made it possible to have a build centered around Kill Command but one of the problem is they have too many 2/3 nodes and then you get kill command build on the right side and some on the left side like nothing branch of very well.

Like Animal companions on the left but Training expert on the right. Why the pet build is also spread on the 2 side.

Loaded Quiver/ Thrill of the Hunt / Sharp Barbs should be on the right side while Kinded Spirits / Killer Command /Training expert should bew on the left side. Bloodshed should also be on the Left side. While Crow it doesnt really matter.

They should also add Bloodseeker in the Beast tree not only in the surv tree cause its possible to get a nice Kill Command build as Beast too.

Thrill for the Hunt and Kill cleave should change position.

These are few changes that should be applied in my opinion. There is still lots of work to be done on the Hunter case.

1 Like

So you want an ability that works on ST and AoE be gated behind purely cleave passive, and a purely cleave passive possibly be taken w/o even a trigger for it ?

Could you explain your reasoning ?

I dont want it to be gated. I want the whole line to be switched.

Like Loaded and thrill for the hunter are Arrow based Talents while Kill cleave is a Kill command one. And kill command ones are on the left side while the arrows ones are on the Right side.

Im not saying these node should switch I mean the line on top should also. Like keep pets/Kill command stuff on left and arrow on right not half half like it is right now

Except they’re general hunter talents that are fairly important for ± any type of BM build and have nothing to do with Wailing arrow.

I don’t see the gain from switching them.

Im not saying to get rid of them. Im saying to keep arrow based talent on 1 side on the tree while pet side on the other. Right now you have pet side on the up right than on the bottom left. Same for Arrows Up left/ up right /Bottom right and wailing who’s bottom left.

What I suggest is just a better branching. If you move Thrill of the hunt you also bring Loaded quiver with it on the same branching. While you move Kindred spirits /Killer command and kill cleave on the other side. So Arrow based and pets based talent are not everywhere but each in their own row

No, bc if you keep mongoose optional its ALWAYS going to be a requirement for viable ST damage. So either you dont take it and your garbo on ST or you take it and your garbo on aoe.

It would be better to remove KC from surv altogether.
If you build the tree this way:
RS
WB. MS

Then your allowing people to not only be viable for both ST and aoe, but your also opening up FS to be a small cd with focus building opportunities so when you hit CA or SH then you have that extra focus coming in on demand. PLUS it builds sorely needed identity in the tree. Right now its a big mess or crap thrown together. If you built bombs and pets on the left / then MS and fury on the right, not only do you get identity, but directional flow AND sustainable builds in that category without having to go deep into the other one.

I like the idea of the “Devilsaur Bite” skill you made, but it would need serious tuning. Making things have guaranteed crit on 1000% AP is absolutely insane. That’s like…7 Mortal Strikes. Or 3 Chaos Bolts.

For context:

My question is, how many Chaos Bolts can a warlock fit into 20 seconds? How many Mortal Strikes can a warrior fit into 20 seconds.
Maybe not 1000% ap but for comparison,
Lacerate was this:
Lacerate
Survival Hunter Ability
35 focus. Requires Melee weapon
Instant cast. 12 second cooldown

• Tears a bleeding wound in the target, dealing (960% of attack power) Physical damage over 12 sec.

960% AP over 12 seconds is comparable to 1000% every 20 seconds.

But yeah tuning would be required of course.

I want that from my pretty Panther

Pretty sure Legion Lacerate was only 233.3% AP…

That’s not the only relevant question, though. If you could do the same damage in one GCD as would take another class 7 GCDs, you’re getting effectively 6 more GCDs uptime per that cooldown.

And in this case, if it’s a true pet ability, it won’t take even 1 GCD of uptime. You have to tune for the lack of opportunity cost, as well, not just the frequency with which the burst damage is dealt.

As such, you’d likely be looking at something nearer to around an effective 180% AP at most for a mere 20s pet CD.

And that “effective” AP would have to account, too, for its being an auto-crit, if you chose to do that.

Hmm yeah not sure why that would read 960% then lol. You’re right wowhead confirms 233.3%AP.

This is also true and can be tuned to reflect the GCD costs ratios. Plus factoring a new lower AP%.

This is definitely not a pet ability. It would be a mew punchier tier of Raptor Strike. Devilsaurs are much bigger than Raptors, avian or otherwise.

I like the Auto crit from behind as it plays into the class fantasy. I also like the reduction of CD per RS/MB crit. It could be 20second cooldown or with enough crit it could be 12.