[Community Council] Botting, RMT, Dual Spec and More - Feedback Needed

We need fresh classic, SoM is a meme and is already failing

3 Likes

It would be perfect. All the playerbase that only wants changes for personal benefit would leave, and a fresh Classic would be a small enough crowd that I doubt they would need to layer much. It’s so simple.

1 Like

Yes. I am. I’m very familiar on what’s wrong with the game, and I have my opinions on how to fix it.
That being said, I think literally everyone can say the same, and everyone is going to have different thoughts and opinions. I’m trying to see the greater opinions of the playerbase and interact with those outside of my circle to make sure that what I think is right; and thankfully nearly all of the assumptions I’ve had about what the playerbase wants has correlated with the information people have been giving me.

I’m finding a surprising split with WoW tokens; I assumed most people would be harshly against it, but I’m finding the majority being for them, which is the opposite of what I anticipated.

Whittling information like that down is exactly what I need to hear and gauge.

In a vacuum I think the token is absolutely awful, I agree. Don’t get me wrong; it’s nearly a 50/50 split on tokens. It’s one of the most, if not the most divisive potentials I’ve seen.

But in reality in 2021 where we realize that RMT is (very unfortunately) vital for the longterm health of Classic servers in particular, tokens become a lot more understandable.

People who RMT are going to RMT regardless on if it’s sanctioned by blizzard or not. I’d rather have tokens put in and have 3rd party gold buyers and sellers perma’d.

Really what I want is for botting to be actually cracked down on. That would fix a lot of the problem, I feel.

1 Like

What a horrible perspective on that. Two wrongs don’t make a right on this. Blizzard needs to stop taking the soft punishment approach on RMT and permanently ban gold buyers. This 3-5 day suspension is nothing. A total loss of character and account would be far more effective.

Bottling is still in active issue in retail and while WoW Tokens may have put a small dent in it, advocating for tokens in Classic is not the correct answer. That would be a simple cash grab for Blizzard and another bandaid for a bigger issue.

I think it would be foolish on Blizzards part to not condense all Era servers to 1 or 2 remaining and have a fresh Classic Era server that resets every few years.

This would net most private server players, players that do not want changes that Seasons bring and players that want a more traditional experience. Private servers that have been running for 15 years using the vanilla client are proof enough that players will continue to reroll each time. Whether that is for a fresh experience or aren’t a fan of changes.

Classic Era is mostly polished and the maintenance on a fresh server would be minimal in regards to phases or content. The population would be less for sure that would help with layering and overcrowding.

1 Like

Gross, no thanks.

3 Likes

Didn’t ask

Yeah, being wrong opens you up to being told as such. :wink:

1 Like

The reality is that the population of Classic servers would putter out far quicker than you think they would if they truly cracked down on RMT. The overwhelming majority of Classic players are 25-40 year old parents and people with careers who just don’t have time to spend hours and hours grinding ingame to be able to drop the required 500-1k gold (assuming you are fully consuming) per raid week. For a lot of people, if they couldn’t RMT then they couldn’t or wouldn’t play.

“Then they shouldn’t play!”

I agree.

The problem though is that if all of the people who RMT were banned or otherwise didn’t play, the population of Classic servers would drop so severely drastically that you would absolutely notice and it would become unsustainable. It’s the reality of an MMO based around heavy grinding in 2021 where people simply don’t have the time to do so anymore, especially with the artificial scarcity of materials from bots overfarming it.

You are wrong not me cope

1 Like

So you accept that people are going to cheat and buy gold so instead of condemning it and punishing these players, open a cash grab for Blizzard to further tarnish the game?

Sounds like an easy cop out to exploit Classic. But this all depends on what version of WoW you are talking about.

If you mean SoM, I couldn’t care less.
If you mean TBC, I couldn’t care less.

If Blizzards intention is to open a Classic Era fresh server and then tank it by implementing WoW Tokens, you and Blizzard are far out of touch with the clientele.

Blizzard should open a Classic Era server like I stated with the changes that have been made to the existing servers and a few beneficial changes like nerfing mage boosting, and just let it run its course.

1 Like

I’m mostly talking about TBC, yes.

And yes. I think they should absolutely open Classic Era fresh servers with chrono + various nerfs + hardcore support instead of…whatever they did to SoM.

1 Like

Raiding in tbc costs almost nothing especially when marks of the illidari are released. I havent farmed in weeks and I still have plenty of gold for consumes. I think people are just buying gold at this point in TBC to go into gdkps and buy gear.

[cries in Dark Runes]

Crossrealm is trash, always has been, always will be.

5 Likes

Agreed. Completely negates sense of community for a version of the game that is so dependent on it.

I agree, crossrealm LFD is awful and I hope LFD doesn’t make it into wotlk. :\

2 Likes

How do we make a fresh Classic Era a reality? Wait to see if SoM crashes and burns? Advocate here? Post in the suggestion box in game?

Clearly people want fresh and after seeing so many posts here & Reddit, people are not happy how SoM turned out.

I understand that you believe that to be true. You can keep thinking that if you like

Sad that the “community rep” wants to take out one of the core functions in wotlk

1 Like