Coming back from Legion, need weapon help

Looks like a lot of level 45-50 quests are giving me upgraded gear which is good, but what do I do about my weapon? I believe the class ones I earned 2 exps ago are ilevel 70? Should I seek out an upgraded weapon or buy one or should I keep using it for the time being?

ilvl 70 is a pretty decent starter level of gear for 50. (It’s a better level than the mid-expansion catch up gear added in BfA.) So, it’s fine to take into Shadowlands. If, however, you want to dip your toes in some current end game content, there will be better out there you can go for.

Thanks! I guess I’ll just use this for the time being until I can find something better, are there quests to get better weapons implemented at level 50 or is it through other world content?

You won’t find anything much better than ilvl 70 from regular quests. Emissaries go up to 100 I think, but that scales with your gear, so it only gets that high when your average ilvl is already close to that level. (Not to mention weapon emissaries are not all that common.) I’m not sure how high regular world quest rewards can get. Generally, you’ll have to go into harder end game content for it.

Once the pre-patch even goes live, there will be some ilvl 100 gear with that. I’m not sure if there are any weapons.

1 Like