Collectors Edition Shadowlands

Hi I just pre-ordered the collectors edition online from EB Games and just wondering do you get the mount and pet or anything in game for it now as i thought once you pre-order you get the mount and that but have not seen a mount when i log into game yet.

The way Collector’s Edition go from before is…

It would arrive late after the Expansion starts. You wont be able to play the Expansion until your Collector’s Edition arrives.

What I usually do is buy the Collector’s Edition. Then buy the regular digital game. Use the regular digital game to play at Expansion’s release date. Once the Collector’s Edition arrive, I put it in and return my digital game back to Blizz. They usually give my money back.

But long time ago before WoD I think, if your Collector’s Edition didnt arrive and you paid for digital game just to play on release date, you would end up buying 2 games with no reimbursement. I highlighted this issue to them before and that’s why we can now have our money returned when you buy both digital and Collector’s Edition nowadays.

But long time ago before WoD, there were no problems on selling Collector’s Edition. Fry’s Electronics and BestBuy have them at 12 midnight. I got my early Collector’s Edition by buying it and get it at midnight. I remember going to the store an hour earlier to be first on the line… That was WoTLK release. The store also give free WoW posters. The devs were even there on Fry’s to have their autographs. I remember I also bought the game guide book… for collection purposes. Then I install it right away when I get home and stay awake the whole day… sleepless during Expansion release. I miss those days.

BTW, I have all the Collector’s Edition since it started.

2 Likes

I ordered it from my local EB Games store online and put click to collect so do not have to wait for it to be delivered but was just wondering now I have pre-ordered it do we get the mount and pet and character boost or anything.

Collector’s Edition is different from Digital Edition. Digital Edition could be Base Edition, Heroic Edition or Epic Edition. The Digital Edition have the digital mounts and goodies that you could enjoy right now before Shadowlands.

The Collector’s Edition is a game in a Box filled with goodies including the Digital Edition. But you cant access its Digital Edition until you get hold off the Digital keys card inside the box. The Collector’s Edition Box usually arrives later after the Expansion’s Release date. If Blizz would change Shadowland Collector’s Edition release date earlier than the game’s release date, that would be good. But it didnt happen to me before. I ended up buying the digital ones, used it and returned it after my Collector’s Edition arrived.

UPGRADING FROM BASE EDITION, HEROIC EDITION, OR EPIC EDITION TO COLLECTOR’S EDITION

If you’ve purchased a digital copy of Shadowlands from our in-game shop or Blizzard shop, and want to upgrade to the Collector’s Edition, we will automatically credit you the cost of the digital copy in Blizzard Balance—as long as you enter the Collector’s Edition key before 11:59 p.m. PDT on March 31, 2021. When you enter the key from your Collector’s Edition, the credit will automatically kick in based on the original transaction on your account.

Remember, you will need to enter the Collector’s Edition key before 11:59 p.m. PDT on March 31, 2021, as automatic Blizzard Balance credits will be turned off at that time.

Please note, if you originally bought a lower-priced edition then upgraded to a higher-priced edition, you will be credited based on the original purchase only. Here are the specific scenarios:

Epic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you originally bought the Epic Edition of Shadowlands and pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance credit will be for the price you paid for the Epic Edition.

Heroic Edition > Epic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you bought the Heroic Edition, upgraded to the Epic Edition at a later date, then pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition of Shadowlands, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the original Heroic Edition.

Heroic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you originally bought the Heroic Edition of Shadowlands and pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the Heroic Edition.

Base Edition > Heroic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you bought the Base Edition, upgraded to the Heroic Edition at a later date, then pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition of Shadowlands, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the original Base Edition.

Base Edition > Heroic Edition > Epic Edition > Collector’s Edition
If you bought the Base Edition, upgraded to the Heroic Edition and then the Epic Edition at a later date, then pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition of Shadowlands, your Blizzard Balance credit will be the price you paid for the original Base Edition.

You do not get anything early for pre-ordering the physical CE. This has been a VERY sore point between Blizzard & those who prefer a physical copy for YEARS.

That said, THIS time around they will refund your Digital purchase if you also purchase the physical CE. This post explains: Upgrading Your Version of Shadowlands

1 Like