Collectors Edition Pets

You claim in this thread that you want the “authentic experience” when you know that is not true since you also advocate guild banks.

That’s a different thread. And I’m surprised you’re making this statement since you advocated for QoL additions like flying and mogging.

Anyone that wants to do a simple forum search can see the truth that I have always opposed transmog and flying in Classic.

I don’t want flying, mogging, guild banks OR CE pets without purchase.

Does that work?

I think I win the “Authentic-Off”

And anyone who wants to do a simple forum search can see the truth that I never said that flying to a dungeon wasn’t a social experience.

But my account isn’t locked. Yours is.

Hidden profiles do not prevent forum searches from returning results.

pets are 1 per toon back then. I think that Blizzard wanted to make them account bound but they did not have the technology to do so… even getting their battle.net to merge over into al of the Blizzard games was a major success for them. I am glad that happened. You have no idea the dozens of friends I permanently lost because there was no battle.net…

Back then everything was in Pink whispers, even GMs had pink chat boxes so there was lots of fake accounts named Blizzard that scammed ne players to the game. With the battle.net merger (You will have received a Mr .Chilly if you were there) with that merger, all legit whispers were in a blue box that we have now.

So chat changed, the PETS and mounts also became account wide as well.

I don’t know how long you have been around and im not going to check, so just incase you came failrly recently, there was no such thing as pet battles and the most expensive pets were the Black Tabby Cat (about 900g in Classic) and the dragons, and the mechanical yeti, which as the name suggests, had to be made in order to be used or sold if I remember right.

One pet per toon, even if you multiboxed, and also one mount per toon.

You can get a CE pet if you buy the CE version if not, you will not get it and it is one pet toon unless that has been changed.

And you will need to buy 100% of everything in Classic. it will all be brand new. You will have zero achievements. as none existed back then and you will also have zero mounts, gold, or pets.

Ok. Then you should have no troubling finding the truth that I never said that flying to a dungeon is not a social experience.

Or, you can admit that you know I never said it.

Ball is in your court.

UGH… enough already you two. Both of you, why do you continue? Some weird bromance.

We will wait and see what happens when Actiblizz releases Classic.

Fesz KNOWS I never said what I did, and he KNOWS we ended the whole dungeon finder conversation. Yet, he continues to troll because he’s intentionally trying to make people of the “opposition” look bad.

I don’t care what Fez says. I don’t care what anyone says. Once Classic is released, I’m a ghost! Probably won’t see me here again.

Pointless bickering. I learned from that Gbank thread how useless it can be, to become invested in these conversations. It goes nowhere and is ultimately meaningless.

I wish you all a good night. Best to find something else to think about while falling asleep.

I’m gonna go watch a comedy, or something. zzz gnite

Given that we’re arguing about what goes in, all those fights will be over by then. Nothing to argue except sour grapes and whining by that point.

Us arguing probably has no bearing on what/if Actiblizz is going to add.

They heard suggestions. But any argument is absolutely pointless.

A simple solution they could do is just allow you to obtain the pets by allowing CE owners to use the CD-key to verify their ownership.

Sure people who don’t want to come back or those who don’t want the pets might try to sell the keys but I don’t see it being any different than people selling the collector’s editions on ebay anyway.

Just a thought.

They’ll already be flagged on your account. I think this is a good idea.

That is true, the verification might not even be necessary if the account already has the CE registered.

It would be nice to just have it the mail waiting for you upon first login.

Blizzards philosophy is pretty rock solid against that happening.

I hope you enjoy not having that zergling or panda following you around.

I’m honestly not too worried about it.

They could probably re-release them without the threat of being sued if it’s for their classic-only version, but bear in mind that you could only choose one of the pets (per character?) and it takes up an inventory spot.

Secondly, if they do re-release it, everybody’s going to buy one, making it significantly less cool. That being said, it sounds like something Blizzard 3.0 would do.

I’m not going to buy one if they release it.

1 Like