Collectors Edition pets

While those things would be nice, they go against what classicwow is supposed to be. A place to start over. If you allow CE pets in, then someone might want a tabard. Then some bold individual might claim they should be able to bring their Scarab Lord title to classic! Would they be wrong? Maybe a little. But opening one door could bring about a host of other beggers and complainers. Better to keep everything separate.

3 Likes

Or you can draw a hard line at things that were purchased. The collectors pets were purchased. The card things were a 1 use purchase so they could say, if you used it, it’s no good. A scarab lord title however was earned (given) not paid for.

Not sure how i feel about that example, One is an account based the other is unique character achievement. The TCG pets and mounts though…You do have a good point with that one.

It was asked a number of months ago. It even got a Blue Response at the time.

Long and short is that was one item that they hadn’t really considered, and as such no decision had been made, as it wasn’t even on their Radar.

A subsequent follow up basically said to not count on the CE owners having their CE pets in Classic.

1 Like

Unless I am mistaken, Blizzard has already stated that the two games will be separate and that what is obtained in one will remain in the game in which it was obtained and will not transfer to the other.

There were even a few blue posts that specifically mentioned those CE pets and that it would be unlikely, at best, that they would be available in classic.

1 Like

They actually DID comment on this - officially - the pets were for World of Warcraft, and they are there.

World of Warcraft: Classic is not the same game, the pets will not be there.

3 Likes

I did not know this and i thankyou for your reply and information.

I would pay for a retro version physical CE for classic(minus the discs) if they sold one.

1 Like

They will not carry over into classic. I would not put it past Activision to put them in a cash shop but let’s not give them any ideas. :flushed:

That wasn’t what they said. That’s what people claim they said.

All they’ve said is “it is unlikely” that the CE owners will have their CE pets in Classic.

Unlikely != Impossible/Not happening.

Unlikely means exactly that: Unlikely.

And as the CM themselves acknowledged, when they were talking about stuff crossing over from Retail to Classic, or Classic to Retail, the CE Pets weren’t even on the list of things they were thinking about when they said that.

While they did not say “absolutely never”, that blue statement was actually a good bit more than “unlikely”, IMO.

Basically, IMO, Blizzard has all but said “NO”.

1 Like

I wouldn’t dispute this. The impression I had was that the odds were a fair bit worse than 50/50 on CE owners like myself getting our pets back for Classic. But also that the proverbial door was still open on the matter, so it remained possible it could happen. The probability for it simply sucks.

No, they said it.

I think Fesz and I probably have the best idea of what was said in that particular thread out of everyone in here so far. He was against it, I was for it.

So you do have both sides of that prior discussion present here already, and we’re agreed on it probably not happening, but that it still remains not entirely impossible. As Blizzard did stop short of declaring it absolutely would not happen.

We have different interpretations, it seems.

If you take all of the posts made by that blue as a whole, IMO, the totality of those posts paint a more damning picture than any single post.

People will still tend to see only what they want to see, though.

If it makes you feel better, sure?

I mean if you want to get technical anything they’ve said at all can be reversed. The language used for this was about as strong as it gets.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

They’ve used much stronger language in regards to a number of items in regards to Classic. If we were talking about Retail, I’d agree with you.

My sense is that at the time the response was posted, the inclination of the Dev Team was to not have it carry over, but that they were holding off on a final determination for whatever reason. Hence “It probably won’t happen, but there is a very small chance they could change their mind.”

But then hope springs eternal and I’d kind-of like to have my CE Pets there.

I would love to have my CE pets in classic but I’m not holding my breath.

If they have a collectors edition classic then you’ll see it. The original collectors edition pets and stuff exist in “retail”, and the devs have been adamant that there will be zero crossover.

They said they didnt even think about it and it would be brought up to the team to ask since it was part of vanilla. Beyond that everything else on if its going to be in or not in is speculation.