Collector's Edition / cost less?

You got a mount for showing your loyalty. And a pet. And an achievement. Plus you’ve had three months of access to the game that someone buying it now didn’t have.

You’re a customer, just like them. You’re not special.

7 Likes

I never purchased it; I was simply making a suggestion for those that had.

There’s nothing to give to those people other than what’s in the box. That’s what they get for getting it. They’re not going to get more stuff on top of it because people thing they should get it just because.

3 Likes

Let’s not be entitled, please. People had a period of exclusivity of owning it.

4 Likes

It’s not about exclusivity or entitlement, it’s about setting a bad precedent for people who pre-order the boxed CE. I could have just waited and kept playing on my standard digital license for 3mo if I thought for even 1 second they would knock 30% off the boxed CE in such a short time.
Going forward I may do just that. This actively discourages pre-orders.

1 Like

For future reference, every material object has a chance to be discounted. Especially for this coming weekend.

7 Likes

Perhaps, but there is a possibility that extra copies may not be available 3 months in or that there aren’t enough to be put up for a sale. It is certainly up to you on what you wish to do though.

I don’t know about that. I feel it simply allows folks who otherwise wouldn’t have been able to afford the Collector’s Edition a chance to get a copy. In either case, I’m sorry if you felt slighted, Mokrawr.

6 Likes

Hardly. Rolling the last expansion into the base game “could” (in theory) discourage people from buying the expansion new. In practice, that just doesn’t happen.

Every item that a company produces can go on sale. This is the nature of capitalism and economics, and ESPECIALLY this weekend.

4 Likes

But there is also no precedent for them not to offer it. This expansion is the first CE they’ve sold themselves. The sale is only for the ones in the Blizzard store. If a brick and mortar store has any left, my guess is they are not on sale (unless the store had their own sale)

4 Likes