Collector's Edition / cost less?

There’s always someone, somewhere, that bought something that went on sale shortly after they bought it.

It stings a little for everyone, no matter what it is.

Businesses are cruel for being consumer-friendly at times, life isn’t always fair.

4 Likes

Nothing in life is guaranteed, friend.

5 Likes

Where are you seeing the physical collector’s edition for $30 off? Blizzard generally doesn’t sell those; it’s third-party retailers.

2 Likes

I’m seeing it on the launcher. Being sold on the Blizzard Gear store.

1 Like

With this expansion, they started selling it themselves.

1 Like

I had trouble finding it in the Gear store, but here’s a link (so you don’t have to waste time looking).

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/game/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-collector-s-edition

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Usually it’s not a limited time item being sold by the company directly, that clearly wasn’t very limited if they have enough left in stock to discount for black friday sales.
Calling it a CE was a bit of stretch in this case, imo. Should of just called it the fancy box or something.

1 Like

That is kind of how sales work, Yamaraja. We aren’t really able to announce when a sale might be coming up, though traditionally we do have them around this time. There will always be a cut off where someone may miss out on the discounted price because they bought it just before the sale goes live.

2 Likes

If there’s one thing people should’ve learned by the time they become adults, nothing, NOTHING is off-limits when it comes to this weekend. Black Friday all the way through Cyber Monday, nothing is sacred or protected.

Also, just because they have stock left, doesn’t mean they have very much. They also may have produced more, but held back in anticipation of this event. Planning is done well in advance.

What do you want here? They have always called it the Collector’s Edition (as does most games). And past CE’s have increased in value if they stay sealed (check out Ebay for the first two or three CE’s).

Are you expecting to be the only one to have it?

2 Likes

Sales are all well and good but having a sale on something touted as a “limited” and “collectable” kinda diminishes the limited collectible status of the item.
Also you guys have never offered the physical CE before this year so there was no precedent for a huge discount off of an item like this.

1 Like

No, you opening the box diminished the collectible status. Also, using the game key did that, as well.

If you buy another (for the discounted price), and shelve it for 10 years, is someone buying it for 200-300 dollars really going to say “Hey, they had that sale that one year, so I’m paying less”? No one is going to know the difference.

Let’s calm down with the histrionics.

4 Likes

With the Collector’s Edition we try to create enough so that those interested in purchasing them have the opportunity to. That works out differently depending on the launch, as we can’t predict exactly how many are needed and it isn’t generally good business sense to produce way more than you are likely to need. So with that in mind some expansions will see a shortage, and other times there may be copies left over.

That is usually the stock that is put on sale in most retail shops. While usually not publicly available, we can have some left over in our warehouses, that may not have been shipped out yet to retailers. It depends on what they order. So when we have extra, like now, it shouldn’t be out of the question that we may want to offer those to players, instead of just letting them sit and gather dust.

1 Like

It would have been nice if Blizzard offered something for the ones that had already purchased the CE edition like a mount or something for showing their loyalty to Blizzard’s Warcraft Game.

1 Like

Selling them is all well and good, giving a 30% discount 3 months after release is the part that irks me.

1 Like

You got a mount for showing your loyalty. And a pet. And an achievement. Plus you’ve had three months of access to the game that someone buying it now didn’t have.

You’re a customer, just like them. You’re not special.

7 Likes

I never purchased it; I was simply making a suggestion for those that had.

There’s nothing to give to those people other than what’s in the box. That’s what they get for getting it. They’re not going to get more stuff on top of it because people thing they should get it just because.

3 Likes

Let’s not be entitled, please. People had a period of exclusivity of owning it.

4 Likes

It’s not about exclusivity or entitlement, it’s about setting a bad precedent for people who pre-order the boxed CE. I could have just waited and kept playing on my standard digital license for 3mo if I thought for even 1 second they would knock 30% off the boxed CE in such a short time.
Going forward I may do just that. This actively discourages pre-orders.

1 Like