Cold Heart In PVP

I am noob, bad engrish low IQ LOL 1400 hardstuck.

I came back to this game from MOP, lots of changes, still learning how all these systems are working.

Why Does Cold Heart go from doing 6k damage at 20 stacks in normal world, to 2k damage at 20 stacks in Arenas?
Like what exactly happens when a DK steps foot in the Arena or BG, do we get nerfed?

1 Like

Don’t run cold heart in arenas. You run Inexorable Assault.

That is what I am running. I am just trying to test things out and see how all the other talents work in PvP.

Pvp nerfs from Legion gutted the talent. Don’t waste time with it.

1 Like

really they keeping nerfs on classes since legion? I was at a test dummy and gave the talent a try, got a 20k crit with CoI. I was like no way this talent works the same in PvP. Tried it in a skirmish and the highest i got was 2k.

How does a talent like that get gunked in pvp so hard?

7 Likes

Yes, by 25-75% depending on what ability you press.

1 Like

Cold Heart deals 70% less damage in PvP.

As does Frostwyrm’s Fury, Breath of Sindragosa (66% actually, but might as well be 70%), Death Strike healing for 50% of the damage taken AND 50% less healing.

Because "Balance is a fool’s master."

9 Likes

Anything else besides those abilities?

I think Obliterate deals a bit less damage in PvP. Although I’m not sure about that one.

I think Nethy is more familiar with Obliterate’s damage difference between PvP and PvE.

Other than that, i think that’s really it.

CH, FWF, BoS, DS are gimped in PvP.

Is anything buffed?

Unlikely…

There is no direct Obliterate nerf going into PvP but you’ll notice it does less damage in PvP vs PvE due to the Pillar nerf, enemy players versatility and armor values.

Lol, no.

6 Likes

OH yea, Fallen Crusader is also 10% increased strength down from 15% in PvP.

1 Like

Speaking of that - OP, you should be running Razorize as the benefit is better than the random procs from FC. (When you play as Frost, that is)

Is that for both RBGs and Arenas to run Razorice ?

Correct

Same deal for Unholy, with the exception of plague because it doesn’t deal a whole lot of damage.