Coil Build pvp

How is everyone enjoying the DC build? I haven’t tested it much in arenas. Just a few skirms. I did do 5 rbgs last night. And it feels much more fluid in that aspect. Still squishy, but my damage and killing blows jumped up quite a bit vs using monstrocity from last week.

Death Coil hitting hard is good, but Virulent Plague actually doing meaningful damage is so nice.

Meanwhile ret palys hit tv for 30k+

1 Like

Seems like Death Coil is either nerfed or bugged in PVP. My Death Coils hitting for nothing with the full DC build and good gear…

So works as intended :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for the mythical “big death coil” to land as well.

I explained how the “big” Death Coils work in the “questions for petkick thread,” but here’s a tldr version:

You need Death’s Certainty legendary, Harbinger of Doom talent, and Embrace Death conduit.

Harbinger of Doom allows Sudden Doom to stack twice, at two stacks the Embrace Death conduit double dips, like so:

This is on a pve dummy, so the vers trinket buff and pvp only 30% death coil buff are not included.

8-9k Death Coil hits are pretty common, but I’ve had crits in the range of 12-15k. Also the only way to increase Sudden Doom’s proc is with haste, so unless you have a decent amount of haste getting 2 stacks of Sudden Doom almost never happens, unless you use Unholy Assault, which is totally viable.

2 Likes

are you using ebon fever or bursting sores with that build?

You wanna play ebon fever for sure

but like i said in the other thread i don’t think waiting for a 2nd proc is worth it

1 Like

pls use ur unholy magic to make the blizzard devs make doomburst baseline, dark lord

1 Like

god that would be the dream tbh a week before the hotfixes got announced i made a ticket asking for them to buff unholy in pvp so maybe its a sign?

5 Likes

Is doomburst worth? If so what talent you drop for it?

probably not worth for the most part, into some things it could be decent but overall necro aura is better probably and youd drop necro aura or big zone for it

unnerf VP duration in pvp/ make NW stack to 4 and @7.5% per stack/ and take DT/UB/ABOMB/LIMB off the gcd imho

would aslo love 1’s baseline gcd back for unholy atleast

3 Likes

def agree with unerf vp duration also take grip off the gcd

5 Likes

was reviewing an IoC and saw this:

no idea if its doable in arena

feel like that was on the last boss or a tank
npcs dont have vers

1 Like

how could i forget grip pzl oh plz remove from gcd

looks to be. the commander’s #1 target damage.

Death Grip and even bigger, AMZ needs to come off GCD. Too many specs in pvp that can instantly take half or more of your health in one global because their “one shot” macro is off GCD. DKs already have slow clunky globals because of DKs have 1.5 second GCD (lowered by haste). Being able to instantly AMZ would help make DKs feel less clunky in PVP, so would Death Grip being off GCD. And yeah, Unholy is better than before but still obviously below that of WWs/Arms Wars/Ret Pallies/etc in PVP. Unholy still needs work in PVP, probably buffing Necrotic Wounds would be good, lowering the amount of stacks needed to reach 30% from 6 to 4 or something like that. By the time it gets stacked to 6 the duration is usually almost over.

1 Like