Cobalt Assembly Nerf

I understand why this nerf happened. However, what I don’t understand is why Blizzard is so very anti zone grinding that breaks away from traditional mob grinding for leveling.

If we slog through the campaign once I don’t get why we are so limited in options for leveling alts. I get that dungeon grinding is fast, I get that time walking is fast, I get that the campaign is fast, I get that threads of fate (or whatever they have named it this time around) is fast. Some people really just do not like any of the aforementioned forms of leveling.

Personally, in SL, I loved Torghast. When they implemented leveling into it, I loved leveling through it. I could go at my own pace . . . the issue was that the XP was abysmal except the once a day quest. Why could they not just take the quest out and normalize xp rates for those who wanted to grind it?

When it comes to grinding Cobalt Assembly I understand that the xp was too high, but why Nerf it to the ground? Why not implement a normalized xp rate for 60-70 and have the mobs scale down.

Give people who have played your game for over a decade more options to level than the norm that we have to endure every expansion.
Any desire I had to level an alt went out the window with CA nerf today.

Also, I don’t care that people who comment on this will likely come up with a dozen and one reasons on why leveling is fine. I also don’t care that you don’t care that I care that CA was nerfed to the ground. This post isn’t intended for you, so comment all you want, I won’t respond.

Like it or not there are plenty of individuals who want something different than doing Blackrook Hold or Vault of the Wardens (all of which many of us have done dozens upon dozens of times in legion) or suffer through questing.

On a side note, this issue is particularly confounded with the horrible class balancing. Maybe if I actually liked a class in its current state I wouldn’t be as critical.

1 Like

“Blah blah blah… fun and interactive”

“Uhhhhh people bought boosts”

“Why don’t you just play like we want you to dork!”

“Just buy a boost from the store!”

That about covers the incoming responses.

6 Likes

They should get rid of leveling, it sucks now. And it feels bad to go to level 70 when we earned that already in 2006.

The worst part is that your character gets weaker, it’s a total joke how bad the scaling is. You have level 10 resto shamans killing bosses in five hits and level 56 tanks getting one shot in bfa dungeons.

6 Likes

“We nerfed it instead of removing it so you can still have some fun doing it sometimes”

Except all you’ve done is guarantee no one will do it again?

3 Likes

Well no, it wasn’t fun, it was just the most tolerable because of how short it was. At least 70s can still powerlevel 60-70s in random normal dungeons.

They’ve been much more lenient lately.

However, Cobalt Assembly Grinding was interrupting people actually trying to grind reputation and do World Quests there. Which I imagine was the main contributing factor.

7 Likes

They themselves interrupted the rep farming with the nerf to it. Plain and simple, it’s about slowing people down. Again.

Let’s be real, nobody would be doing this in 10.1 regardless because like so much launch-tier content in past expansions, this area wasn’t going to scale up with content updates. Nobody will care about 389 item level rings when everything else moves up 26 item levels or whatever the bump will be.

Plus they already nerfed the rep gain by abysmal amounts. It’s clear they don’t want anyone doing this content anymore, and soon enough they’ll get their wish.

2 Likes

The number of people in cobalt assembly day and night was utterly stupid, and it’s because of the xp grinding. I don’t mind that its a valid way to level, but it absolutely shouldn’t be a valid way for someone to powerlevel you where you can literally afk, to the expense of other people there who are actually playing the game.

If the option is “break leveling altogether” vs. “do nothing”, I’m glad they broke it. The area was nearly unplayable for much of the time.

5 Likes

Why? Were you unable to hit what they’re hitting?

The mobs have a cap on how many can tag them, so practically speaking, yes. Also, with enough people there, all the mobs are simply dead all the time; you can’t be everywhere at once.

1 Like

I leveled an alt from 60-70 there(ACTIVELY not afk) without joining a group on a full realm(Stormrage) and can’t recall many tapped mobs.

1 Like

You’re aware ppl have aoe spells that they can press on mobs that other ppl have tagged doing the leveling and still loot/get credit for their quest and rep? That’s just a blatantly false thing to say it was by no means interrupting anything unless they’re incapable of getting tags which idk how that’d be possible.

I think you’re fibbing i’ve seen the whole zoo getting released with 2 raids and both still getting credit, there’s no reason why someone trying to do a WQ or Loot can’t toss a quick aoe for tags and practically speedrun the WQ

If leveling involved hitting just ONE MOB …

… the people on these forums would then say “why can’t we just hit a button? I have to find the mob… then pick an ability… like… I have SOOOO many abilities, why can’t I just hit a button?”

+eye roll+

Lol.
An unintended way to play has been closed. It is funny though.
wiggles toes

1 Like

Go do timewalking… way faster and easier than the slog that normal dungeons is.

… Or you can read what I said.

You are interrupting our ability to adequately farm reputation when 2-3 people in the 5 man group are soaking up exp and expecting 2-3 people to kill elites that all 5 would be killing.

If you think level 60s are contributing any meaningful damage to level 70 elites, you’re just plain wrong.

In my farm groups last week I got 600 rep with the assembly in 3 hours because of the exp farmers.

Meanwhile in 3 hours before people started exp farming I had thousands.

3 Likes

i can level from 60-70 faster doing a quick zerg through the selected campaign quest points i narrowed down and the odds and ends objectives that come with them. blizzard nerfing this is good. the majority of the players that used the cobalt assembly to level would afk while max levels would ding them. that in its own way is basically having another player, play for you. account sharing without sharing your account.

By that logic they should forbid carrying services altogether, then. Because you are not really playing the game, right?

I think this is a poor justification. Throughout dragonflight there has been many examples of oversight about this. In the Obsidian Citadel area, it was not unusual to have full groups or even raid groups greying mobs and staggering quest completion or key fragment/frame acquisition. Simply because the farm of Sargha items was so profitable. Nothing was done about that, in the end.

Even today we have world quests that suffer from atrocious mob respawn rate and that see a large contingent of people doing them during peak hours. Nothing done about that either.

They probably nerfed it because it was easy exp. I boosted 5 characters of a friend of mine in about 2 hours each. If you were having trouble farming rep, you should have probably turned on warmode or grouped with another shard. It is a night and day difference to do either.