Clouds of botters - korthia nesingwary

If you all are serious about handling botters, check out the coordinates 43, 30 (the bear spawn area) in Nesingwary Korthia. There is always a cloud of horde (now a mix of horde and alliance) toons there 24/7 mass farming the bears in the exact same spot. They have been reported multiple times over the past few weeks. A response has been received once that actions were taken against one or more accounts (totally understand why specifics werent given), but if you monitor that area, you’ll find them.

They, after seeing me hovering to try to individually report them, said they were going to report me… What for, I dont know, but whatever. I figured I’d mention it since the reporting/banning features have a reputation of being notoriously automated. Good luck with solving the botting issue, cant imagine what thats like.

unfortunately, Blizzard doesn’t accept reports made on the forums.

If you wish to report suspected botting, just right click and report just a few of them, Blizzard is quite good at figuring out what is going on.

or send an email to hacks@blizzard.com

Yeah, you need to stop listening to the moronic meatheads on the forums about this. The ONLY punishment automated is the squelch.

Let fly the reports, they can’t do anything to you.

9 Likes

If they’re saying “we’re gonna report you”, isn’t that indicative of them not being bots, but rather a 2x4 farming group?

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

not really.

it’s not unusual for farming companies to have a human keeping an eye on the operation.

If you suspect fowl play, then report. Blizzard does the legwork. If they are indeed playing out of bounds, then their accounts will be given appropriate penalties.

wiggles toes

3 Likes

Foul. There are no ducks on Azeroth.

6 Likes

Soon.
Very soon.

8 Likes

Not yet in DF there will be mwa ha ha ha then there will be fowl play.

1 Like

But there are chickens in Zereth Mortis.

1 Like

Robot Chickens to be exact.

3 Likes

I guess you could say… “Soon™”?

Hmm… Fair point, since I do remember seeing a video of a mass moonkin botter complaining about getting ganked during SL prepatch zombie madness…

1 Like

Unfortunately BLizzard doesn’t accept reports.

Fixed.

So you’re just going to hit multiple post with no real reason save for spreading salt. Is there something you needed? Or are you just trying to see how many threads you can get locked?

They take reports. Just not here since, hey. There aren’t any GMs here on this forum. Only in-game or through the hacks email when applicable.

4 Likes

I have done THOUSANDS of reports, literally, not hyperbole. BOth of obvious druid riding a druid gather bots running identical pathing one after another, and also for WTS 2s / 3s in arena LFG. Neither of these things have even slightly reduced in frequency so forgive me if I don’t believe they do anything meaningful to combat bots or spam.

Thing to keep in mind, is that Blizzard will never ban bots here and there. It will always be a wide spread ban wave to give the botters and bot makers as little warning as possible that they’ve been detected. This happens after extensive investigations, and working out how to break the bots without breaking the game.

The other issue is that the botters/scammers are ruthless and have 1000’s of compromised accounts at their disposal. Ban one, they move to the next, and so on. It honestly is a never-ending battle.

Reports do help.

4 Likes

Someone in a previous thread gave a great explanation for why Blizzard doesn’t use the whack-a-mole method to remove bots. Your reports on one realm would count as whack-a-mole.

You reporting the same “obvious” bots over and over again will not make your reports have a higher priority. It requires reports from multiple players.
Advertising in LFG is done by organizations that have many, many accounts to do it from. All they do is switch accounts. Reporting them will slow them down but nothing anyone can do will stop them.

Thank you for wanting to help make WoW a better game. Reporting is always the best choice, even if it seems like nothing is being done. I’ve seen enough threads in Customer Support made by someone who was silenced or suspended because of reports like yours to know it does happen.

3 Likes