Closing Out Thread

And them saying they’re using X, Y or Z isn’t proof of anything; as I said, I can say I killed JFK before I was even born. The right-click report is the basically the only way to report it as screenshots of them saying it isn’t proof because they can be faked.

More to the point, which has nothing to do with the AH thing and feels needlessly tacked on.

Summary

Closing Out Thread

I would leave the multiboxing stuff out of it, as unless they’re contacting you with other accounts to circumvent ignore, it isn’t relevant to anything.

Ignore is the primary means of handling this. They are allowed to talk about you to some degree in trade chat, and if someone messages you as a result of that it might need to be handled individually, putting that new person on ignore.

What they can’t do is circumvent ignore. If they are, you can open a ticket for “ongoing harassment.” It is hard to say whether what they’re doing is ongoing harassment or not. Typically, this is them making a new account to message you directly. But they can’t just get others to message you for them. I would have some examples of people who contacted you and when, where you have reason to believe they were directly asked to message you, and let GM’s investigate. And then if it keeps happening, keep opening tickets immediately after you’re messaged.

2 Likes

Ok, so having read through this, few things

First off, botting is purely speculative. Has no place in this discussion.

Second, AH listing is irrelevant. There is no violation there.

The juicy bit though is not the calling you out in chat part. As long as they don’t cross into the profanity lane etc I don’t see an issue.

However, you have them on ignore and he tells other people to DM you. If that is indeed true, who knows as you cannot see what he says, however if it is true that is ongoing harassment. File a ticket on that. And only that.

I have player x on realm y on ignore. He tells other players to DM me in order to circumvent said ignore. Please look into this

That is all the ticket needs. Nothing else.

6 Likes

Which is completely allowed. You can be logged in to multiple licenses at a time, and post auctions on multiple licenses at a time, and chat on multiple licenses at a time. The hardware switch part isn’t allowed anymore, and Blizzard can investigate that if you report them, but the change is pretty recent. It doesn’t sound like you’re their close personal friend, so for all you know they stopped using the hardware workaround when the policies were updated.

Either way, the multiboxing stuff is irrelevant to your main complaint - that this person is harassing and trash-talking you. The solution to that is to put them on ignore, and if they go around the ignore and contact you on one of their other accounts, or get other people to contact you on their behalf, you report them.

Meanwhile, profit off them buying up your items to relist at a higher price.

4 Likes

By-passing the Ignore feature is a big violation. Report every incident using the “Ongoing Harassment” option in the normal ticketing system.

Edit:

6 Likes
Summary

Closing Out Thread

I can say I’m Vrak, but that doesn’t make it true.

Report them, move on along. That’s all you need to do. If they circumvent the ignore, then report them for ongoing harassment. If you respond to them, it weakens your case, because it becomes mutual conversation rather than harassment.

2 Likes
Summary

Closing Out Thread

1 Like

Blizzard can tell who is who. If they’re using different accounts to keep contacting you, they will get punished for it. Just make sure to continue using ignore and not responding to anyone you believe to be them. That’s about the only thing you can do to hurt your case - if you talk back and forth then it is a mutual engagement, while if you say nothing and ignore, it’s harassment.

2 Likes

They can’t dodge the suspensions that way.

Remember to put the additional accounts on ignore as well. That helps support your contention that you don’t want communication from them.

2 Likes

2012 was the last time that Blizz fired a number of GMs. Seems silly to think that 9 years later that still is playing a role in the handling of tickets. Especially since they’ve since hired a lot more GMs than those that were let go.

Staff have really never “monitored” this sort of thing. Not sure where you got that info from, but it would be incorrect.

Reading over this thread, you seem to be making a whole lot of assumptions. You don’t have access to the actual info that Blizz does. You don’t know which characters belong to the same person or not.

At the end of the day, if you think you found someone breaking the rules, right-click and report them and move on. You can only report your suspicions.

8 Likes

Have you reported this person and all of their alts as an on-going harassment case? Have you put them on ignore as they’ve whispered you? Have you responded to any of them at all in this past month?

3 Likes
Summary

Closing Out Thread

You keep referring to “monitoring”. Blizz doesn’t actively monitor those posts. They rely on reports from players instead.

Perhaps I missed the post on daily harassment. I’ve scanned over the posts again and I’m not too sure what you mean. Are you saying that you have them on ignore and they’re bypassing that? If so, do not reply and open a ticket instead for Ongoing Harassment. Just note that if you reply in any way, it’s considered a conversation and not harassment.

You should right-click and report them for spam instead if they’re spamming the chat. Then you don’t have to fill up your ignore with those.

4 Likes
Summary

Closing Out Thread

You shouldn’t waste your ignores on those, right click and report for spam. They are put on a temporary ignore list and they don’t last long.

Leave the multiboxing out of it, just confuses things.

5 Likes

Good. And if the harassment, in the form of bypassing your ignore, has continued, then a ticket for each event needs to be placed so that the offender receives the appropriate actions.

5 Likes

Blizzard cannot act if you don’t report each and every time they circumvent the ignore system to whisper you. It’s good you are reporting some of them, but to get the full breadth they need all of it. With as much that goes on, they cannot actively monitor things to catch them themselves for each and every person that plays this game, but they can work from the reports given to them by us.

It’s called on-going harassment for a reason. If they keep harassing you, keep filing tickets to keep an active record of things. If you only filed the one ticket and never follow up, they would presume the issue has been handled. Especially if you’re reporting every single potential RMT and all of that, there is nothing to connect your reports to your ticket, if that makes sense? Make note of time-stamps and character names and add them into tickets so the staff can see what’s tied to the actual harassment.

7 Likes

And feeding into what Leill said, go into interface -> social -> chat time stamps and set it to like 3:30 p.m. This way if you screenshot the whispers, they can see the calendar date in the upper righthand corner AND they can see the time stamp in chat so they can go back into the chat log. :slight_smile:

I box (all manual all in the tos etc for rp no command mirroring or software / hardware weirdo set ups) and what this person is doing from what it sounds is horrible! :frowning:

I’ve had an issue with something similar before with a harassment whisper, the person was ignored, then kept making toons / swapping accounts to whisper me.
Do what Leilleath said and record it all and report it. Put them all on ignore and DO NOT whisper / engage them… at all. Think of it like a puppy trying to jump up. If you put your back to the puppy and ignore it and pay no attention it will eventually quit jumping. (although who can’t resist a puppy… they are cute… sorry squirrel moment… PUPPIES). Blizz won’t also see it as further engagement with the player too and that you’re actively going out of your way to not communicate with them. They yell at you in trade chat? Ok let em yell do not say a word (I know easier said than done). You do you and you post your stuff and if they don’t like it then tough crap. Part of the AH and playing the AH. People reset prices you post yours lower ok you post yours lower it is what it is. I do the ah thing on my server (with just 1 toon) and see the ups and downs all the time.

The ones in trade ya do like Grimm said and just report em and they will be put on a temp ignore. Clear up your ignore list so anytime he starts up just slap it on ignore.

Edit: PUPPIES… that’s all I’m thinking about now. SORRY squirrel moment (hopefully now you’re thinking about puppies or kittens or another cute animal to cheer you up!)

3 Likes