Closing Out Thread

Summary

Closing Out Thread

Hey Iā€™m trying to be nice to you no need to be rude. I can read and Iā€™m stating the facts that you already brought up the subject and it was already answered, several times. You opened up with similar stuff as you did in the other thread and you just opened up another one complaining about the same thing that was already advised on what to fix!

You need to put the tickets in! The CS in the forums cannot help with this matter and making new threads just to go on regarding addons and track/block spammers isnā€™t going to help your case.

1 Like
Summary

Closing Out Thread

If you place one toon of his on ignore it ignores it for that 1 account so if he has letā€™s say 8 you need to ignore only 8 toons to have them all ignored. That is the only way a person can bypass the ignore function now is if they use other accounts to whisper someone.

Stick him on ignore anytime he mentions you in trade and anytime he whispers you and it will 100% fix the problem. After a while, heā€™ll run out of accounts and you got more than enough info to send to blizzard via that ticket thread.

Summary

Closing Out Thread

ā€œYou are unable to ignore the player whispering you death threats because you put too many trade chat trolls on ignore, so you have to un-ignore them in order to put the other guy on ignoreā€

do you just not see the issue?

Just say youā€™re sorry to the person for whatever you did, and move on.

This isnā€™t good advice.

If someone takes time out of their game activity to throw a temper tantrum, you shouldnā€™t grace them with any of your time or energy.

Like sharks, they will go into a frenzy if they smell blood in the water.

1 Like
Summary

Closing Out Thread

I see the issue and did he say anything about death threats? I didnā€™t see anything in this forum thread regarding that in this one or the last one (if itā€™s there point it out). If there are death threats then 100% that needs to be reported asap! He was talking about in his other thread putting M+ spammers on ignore, which took up room, and he can take the spammers off his ignore and right click report for spam and they are placed on a temp ignore til he logs off AND they get reported in the process instead of just sitting on ignore. They are still on ignore too even if the spammer gets deleted! So if this person hadā€¦ letā€™s say 8 (thatā€™s the max per bnet) accounts and he ignored one on a bnet ok thatā€™s fine but if the person doesnā€™t have all them on the same bnet then what? I believe youā€™re allowed up to 3 bnets but still! Itā€™s the same problem then even if they changed it! Just quit interacting with them and slap them on ignore.

Put trade in another window or something too if you donā€™t want to see constant spam. I do thisā€¦ this way if I want to glance in trade I can.

Then quit posting and put the person on ignore and move on! EVERYONE has given you advice, CS has given you adviceā€¦ what else do you want?

Summary

Closing Out Thread

And ya people can chime in on a new post. You opened one up on purposefully mentioning stuff from anther thread that a gm locked down because it had a solution tagged on it.

Per account ignore already exists but you ment it as the whole bnet but even thenā€¦ would that fix your particular issue? Guy could have multiple bnets which wouldnā€™t fix a thing if he did. Might make it a little slower but still you would have to ignore it. If he did have it on one bnet great that fixes itā€¦ til they make another one.

Its because most of the time the issue is not some crazy person who gets ignored because he wont leave someone alone, its because the person who ignored them used the ignore feature to get the last word in and might be the one who is wrong in the first place.

Iā€™ve had people send me a msg like ā€œyour healing sucks! Delete the game!!ā€ and by the time I typed in and sent ā€œdude, I was following and healing the flag carrierā€ he had already put me on ignore.

1 Like

and your first reaction is ā€¦ Hey I want to risk my account by messaging him from every character I have !!! ?

3 Likes

I donā€™t see why anyone would do that, if someone logs in another toon just to get the last word in, then just let them have it and move on.

Iirc, the ā€œreport spamā€ button used to come with an account wide ignore, though I donā€™t know if it still has that functionality.

Summary

Closing Out Thread

I have been asking for a true account wide Ignore for almost 10 years. I have no idea why they canā€™t do it; I canā€™t imagine itā€™s in the Too Hard Box. If they can create, redesign and tinker with a system like multi-server auction houses, they should be able to simply set it up so that when you create a new character, it takes note of your Account Ignore list. Iā€™m not a software techy but how hard can that be?

Thing is, we arenā€™t asking to ignore a character - we are asking to ignore a person. Becuase itā€™s the person who is causing the problem, not their damned charactersā€¦

1 Like

Yeah after people told you what you didnā€™t want to hear and a gm went back and deleted some of your comments and shut the thread down. All I see now is Summery with a hook down that just says ā€œclosing out threadā€.

Why ask for a thread to be closed (which if you did it isnā€™t there now or I canā€™t find it) then just make another one? That doesnā€™t make a bit of sense and actually is against the forum rules. If you asked for a seperate thread to be closed out then made a similiar thread because of peopleā€™s comments then isnā€™t that creating a duplicate thread to bypass the other one being closed? Someone necroed the old thread anyway it looks like (which I didnā€™t catch that in your last forum listing otherwise I wouldnā€™t have responded).

Your thought process has me going in circles. I can agree that a bnet ignore would be good, but like I also said if the person has multiple bnets (which I believe you can have up to 3) you still have to ignore them and hope they somehow donā€™t get around that either or have others whisper for them.

Edit: if you donā€™t believe me go back, I looked over it to see where you wanted it shut down and there are bits that just say summery, closing out thread. Thatā€™s all I see! Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s from a GM shutting down parts of a thread but iā€™m not 100% sure on that.