Closing Out Thread

Summary

Closing Out Thread

6 Likes

global ignore addon does this.

made my game so much more fun when I cleared out the LFG wannabees.

3 Likes
Summary

Closing Out Thread

2 Likes

Take it a step up and get his account(s) perm-banned if this is actually true. I’d do it just for the laugh.

Put the guy on ignore. Every single time he contacts you after this put in a ticket for harassment. DO NOT reply to him, simply put in a ticket. Blizzard can and will perm-ban accounts for continued harassment.

4 Likes

agreed, but this can fix your problem in the next 10 minutes.

extremely easy to use, barely an inconvenience…

Summary

Closing Out Thread

1 Like

If you posted this request and Blizz instantly responded “sure thing, we’ll get right on that” (I know that sounds sarcastic but pretend it doesn’t :laughing:) " it would still take Blizz months to implement it and you would probably want a solution in the meantime right?

2 Likes

The great thing about addons that filter is they don’t need to put anyone on your ignore list because the message itself is ignored so no matter who says it the addon will block it. Even if Blizz uncapped the ignore feature and you could ignore however many people you want you’d still have to take time to ignore them vs a filter addon that will block “WTS M+ Carry” until the end of time.

Summary

Closing Out Thread

1 Like

Well, within /2 there’s nothing against the rules with selling carries (for gold) so there’s no reason for Blizz to do that. But they should filter out the ability to post messages with known gold selling/RMT websites in them :+1: That’d be an awesome move.
I have said a few times here on the forums Blizz should implement message filtering in game so people don’t need an addon to do it. It is legit impossible for Blizz to filter all the things humans come up with (including derogatory comments now as well) but if they put the power to do it yourself that would be a great benefit to all players, addon users and non addon users :+1:

Summary

Closing Out Thread

Blizzard has done a lightweight version of that

Accounts that are used for the primary purpose of advertising may be closed.

If an account is used primarily to spam trade it will get closed :+1:

1 Like
Summary

Closing Out Thread

Alternate feature. A notepad attached to the current ignore so you can make a note to remember why your ignoring the person to begin with. Simply take the general chat and shift it to another screen then hide that screen that will take care of most of it.

Frankly if you forgotten why they are on your list you can probably edit them out. Besides your best ignore feature should be built into your wetware.

1 Like

Every time someone complains that someone is risking their account by bypassing being ignored I always think, damn what did you do to that person to make them that mad ? 14 yrs playing this game, still have exactly 0 people on ignore.

2 Likes

Honestly I could see that happening. They already made it so lowbies can’t use the premade finder

So everyone selling in the premade finder has to be 50. Doing something similar to trade chat could probably be done but I can’t think of how without also affecting legit players :thinking:

Maybe a certain amount of questing? You can’t base it on dungeons as new players may not have done a dungeon and want to ask a simple “Where can I repair my armor” in /2

1 Like

Several people already have told you what to do and a GM even told you what to do in your previous thread that got locked down. Closing Out Thread

I gave you some advice too and just put them on ignore and follow what people have told you. Others told you to take some of the ones in trade off ignore and right click report for spam those so you can place his toons on ignore. If this person is causing you this much distress you need to do what is being suggested. Coming to the forums and making new threads just doesn’t help matters any. Providing all information to a gm that you can in 1 to several tickets and placing every single one on ignore and not engaging with them will help get it to stop.

Have you heard the phrase, “Someone got your goat?” meaning they are getting you so riled up and mad that you lost your temper sanity (your goat in the phrase). I’ve had similar happen to me, and not feeding into it makes it stop. Reason being is they no longer find getting your “goat” entertaining. Doing what you’re doing now if the other person is reading it is feeding into whatever they are doing to harrass you because it’s working to make you upset. Place them on ignore, do what others have suggested, and move forward with reporting and tickets.

Everyone in this thread thus far has gave 100% solid advice already so I won’t expand upon that regarding addons and the like.

1 Like

I had this happen to my lock the other day. Guy was harrassing people in the newcomer chat and when I called him out others said they were going to report him and he flipped out on me and went on a whisper extravaganza. Was going on about how I instigated this and that and was just a big mess. Someone asked for advice on what to play and he essentially trolled them for asking at such a low level on why it mattered. Absolutely blew up my dms and idk if he had alts already made on other accounts or however that works but after the 5th toon, I logged off for a while. Haven’t heard anything out of him since.

Summary

Closing Out Thread

Why there is even a maximum limit is something that continues to baffel me.