Cloning Service+Classic Era

this character was never cloned. I transferred it over at the end of SoM.
and to be honest, it gets the least play of any of my era characters.
end game on classic era isn’t all that great dude. the journey of 1-60 is far better.

in any event, the clone data is gone. it’s never coming back, no matter how many forum posts are made.

Kudos for jumping on that and being willing to work with what you’ve got.
Forum is for communication and it’s more than appropriate (just like everyone asking for FRESH) to request or give feedback regarding a service/feature/change as Blizzard has been willing to entertain those requests or respond.

1 Like

Sir, original classic wow wasn’t even launched 4 years ago today (august 2019) let alone tbc. That Covid time warp be hitting.

yeah except at a certain point you have to realize you can’t get blood from a stone
the data is gone
blizzard already said it’s “very very unlikely” it’s coming back. that’s corporate speak for “never”.

Aye, I mentioned that earlier,

So, I’m here reminding this company that their decision sucked and was stupid. I’m not sure why you still are. It’s over after all, isn’t it?

2 Likes

By this logic you should delete your 60s because its technically wrath stage in the timeline.

1 Like

You had the benefit of greatly enhanced quest reward exp.
These characters should not be able to be transferred to classic era.

Did you already forget how they pivoted with creating classic servers in the first place? Must we recite for you the wall of no?

2 Likes

don’t tell me what I do and don’t deserve.
classic era people don’t deserve their epics because their raids are ridiculously easy :expressionless:

1 Like

Nah. I cloned my 60’s and raided on classic era while you were playing TBC.

You want to “clone” (aka buy a character boost 2 years later) because you’re feeling FOMO. That’s Bad for the game.

If you like classic so much, just level up again. I’m sure there will be fresh servers soon.

1 Like

You’re doing this exact thing to people who wish to clone their chars. lol…

1 Like

I just got level 60 a few days ago, and cloning wouldn’t benefit me at all since I wouldn’t have anything to clone.

I also never played TBC, putting you on ignore.

2 Likes

Pings me in a post

Gets a response

“I’m putting you on ignore”

Okay :+1:

1 Like

Let me know where to send the link for the MasterClass in Reading Comprehension.
I’ll pay for it and you can reap the benefits.

Not only can people ask for things they can also:

So even if Blizzard says they can do nothing, players can also make their feelings known about that decision and perhaps avoid a repeat.

Arielba/Capella/Eyr - you are trying so hard to assert yourself but before you wreck yourself (again) slow your roll and read the post to which you are responding. It could be constructive!

2 Likes

To be fair, they told us the SAME thing about MANY other things over the past 10+ years. One big one being that they don’t have any data to recreate Classic WoW.

I personally thing they have all the data saved, especially since they are still showing up on our character lists to be cloned.

That being said, I think cloning characters at this point is detrimental to Classic Era and shouldn’t be revisited. We have found that people playing their cloned characters are the minority, and the life of the server is coming from levelers and alts going through progression again.

3 Likes

Why shouldn’t we. You folks are telling us what we deserve (jumping through hoops). Even though we went through the leveling etc. just the same as you did.

And you wonder why people are turned off. Well then, there you have it.

2 Likes

Bring back character cloning Blizzard!

You robbed countless people of their time and effort by retiring cloning. it literally could have been additional cash flow over time just keeping it available for people that have not played TBC.

Bring back cloning! Well pay if we have to just bring it back Blizzard

BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK!

4 Likes

Exactly. Like it or not, cloning your character at this point is just not beneficial to the server community as a whole. Please join us in classic era, but level a new character. it’s really fun, we assure you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kinda wonder what people even plan to do on their cloned characters. Like if you get full bis or have full bis, then what? Are you just gonna play a progression game with zero progression? I don’t see the allure at all.

i think a lot of them just want to harvest their BiS 60s for mats and gold, honestly. which is even more reason to disallow it lol.

Not everyone was able to raid through Naxx40 (or maybe even past MC) so some might want to see if they could.
Perhaps they weren’t able to complete an Atiesh or a Thunderfury before their server moved on.
Maybe farm ZG for the mounts they never got to drop.
Some people love playing battlegrounds at 60.
Alts are fun for some people especially those that enjoy the “old” Azeroth so that geared 60 can collect crafting mats or items for a new character or characters. That happened back in 2019. It’s no big deal.

I’m sure there’s lots of other reasons. People like different things and that’s okay.
Asking Blizzard to reconsider if possible their decision to not allow further activation of characters in Era is fine. Here’s hoping that Blizzard will respond here in the forum rather than just in Discord.

5 Likes