Cloning Service+Classic Era

Heck yeah!

I’m still keeping my fingers crossed just a snag

3 Likes

Thanks for making my point for me.

Classic Era is it’s own thing – and I want my character I leveled up on Classic Era available to play on Classic Era, i.e. clones re-instated.

My job is done here.

5 Likes

If you leveled a character on classic era, then it’s still available on era. It didn’t go anywhere. Blizzard didn’t (and never will) delete your character that you leveled on classic era.

If you leveled a character in 2019 classic, it’s not. It’s in WotLK. This is unchanged from how it worked in 2006-2008.

Most peoples goals are not to raid naxx for years with no achievable goals in mind beyong collecting gear. This is the same thing people do in retail and wrath. Level a bunch of alts and just get them bis the never play the toon till raid night.

People want to play the game not raid naxx over and over when the goals end there

1 Like

I feel like the easiest solution to world buffs is just make them all non-dispellable.

Even Kevin Jordan, one of the people who designs some of it, didnt even know there were ones that could be dispelled, and was obviously an oversight.

Keep world buffs in for people actively moving in the world for pvp, and make them non-dispellable so you aren’t griefed by low level priests rezzing on you.

1 Like

Imo just be able to store a snapshot of wbuffs in bank. Like a screenshot save. All undispellable. If ytou dont want to die running to raid play pve server.

1 Like

I honestly like the going around a collecting. While it adds some incovenience, it adds multiple instances of players collaborating and working together. Guilds conversing on drops, guilds prepping to war other guilds based on world buff times, etc.

1 Like

The important ones are already non-dispellable. The easily-replaceable buffs can be purged while the 1-shot quest reward buffs cannot. The actual solution to not losing your buffs to PvP is to play on a PvE realm.

1 Like

100% agreed.

If you are someone who gets uypset over losing or dying with wbuffs before raid, you need to roll pve.

But time and time again, people roll pvp servers and they are not even pvp oriented players.

Why is that? Is it ego?

We may never know. The fix is there though. Roll pve if you do not want to die with buffs.

I agree for sure as I love the pvp around world buffs, but its hard to force myself to view a level 20 priest resurrecting in sw or org hitting dispel and dying as a form of “pvp”, even if its “technically” player vs player, its obviously not intended.

So many have this vision of them being the top on the server and being all giddy rolling over someone, but the moment they lose they call it “griefing”.

But you are right, its just constant of so many pve players rolling on pvp server every.single.time.

i agree. forget your dang clones, guys. just join the era leveling community.

well it is

dispells dispelling is intended.

Hey Blizzard, can you just turn on cloning for a month? Just hit the switch and let us buy some chars for a hot minute

5 Likes

buddy, the clones are gone
the data was wiped
it’s like they did a rm -rf on the character directory, ok

2 Likes

Pretty sure they deleted all the clones completely. Doubt it’s coming back.

2 Likes

Two “official” comments from a Blizzard dev who works on Classic Era today:

Clone isn’t technically feasible anymore, unfortunately. Cant much into it past that, so there likely will not be an option to be in both places

and

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Regretably, the character clone service has been retired permanently and it will not return. despite the assertions of that CS rep, it’s very, very unlikely to return. Sorry if that isn’t what you wanted to hear, and I do appreciate the ping.

I do wish they’d officially Blue post about this, but even then we wouldn’t see people stop asking or challenging why. For now I can just share you quotes from the Era discord where our Blizzard friend has DM’d myself and someone else who asked today in reference to the Reddit post. Thankful for him in any case. That guy is really trying but is just one person who is under Blizzard-Activision’s rule at the end of the day.

Anyways, yeah it’s not gonna happen my friends. :frowning: wish it weren’t the case too. But they’ve made up their minds and the ship has sailed.

2 Likes

The version GM who countered the other one contradicted himself to start with.

He said it’s gone, but then he said it’s “unlikely” to return. So it is possible, he just doesn’t think it is probable.

Why is there so much confusion about this from Blizzard?

Again, calling out Kaivax for clarification…

2 Likes

he said it’s “very, very unlikely”
in other words: give it up

1 Like

This 100%. Bring clones back.

7 Likes

Bring back the clones! :slight_smile:

3 Likes