Cloning question

If I plan to clone one character to classic can I send all my bank alt stuff to that character leave it in mail than when the screen shot happens make a new alt on classic and send it there and have 2 off everything in mail?

Edit: Yes that’s correct what Bricklethumb said below you cannot dupe but as for the mail the stuff stays with the clone. The clones are done during maintenance not at any other point and it’s all the characters at once. You can have the stuff on Classic Era and on TBC but not double of it on either one.

Blue information says mail is cloned.

From https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000285681 :

A clone is a snapshot copy of your WoW Classic character taken right before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch

• Includes your inventory, items in the bank, items in the mailbox, and friends list

Personally, I’m just picking what goes where, cleaning up some of my unneeded stuff and loading my inventory with the things I want to clone. Then i’m keeping other stuff on a Classic bank alt and a TBC bank alt. However, if you want to just load your mail up this Blue info says you should be fine.

No, you will not be able to dupe.

The servers will go down tomorrow morning. When that happens, a snapshot is made. THAT is what your characters will have.

You would need to activate that bank alt holding your stuff.

You can clone that character and have the stuff in both servers, but you will not be able to send items back and forth.

I don’t mean double in either but all mail is cloned what I was reading so hopefully no glitches

If you only intend to clone one or two characters, make sure you send them all your gold and useful items from other characters before maintenance. Then you can send it back afterwards to your TBC chars.

1 Like

I’m doing this exact thing. I only plan to bring one character to TBC and Classic Era. I am sending all gold and nearly all items across all bank alts to this one character - note your mail limit is 50, so I’d stay under that to play it safe. That way all gold and items are then available to you in both TBC and Classic Era.

I will simply return all items to bank alts in TBC. Since I sent all items from bank alts, I will just delete those snapshotted versions on Classic Era and recreate with the same name, and then I’ll send those characters all of the items they previously held, that way I don’t have to pay $15 to activate each bank alt.

2 Likes

Ya I was concerned with the mailing limit.

No.

You will not have all that stuff on two characters.

After tomorrow, only those characters that are CURRENTLY created will be “clonable”. If you make a new Classic character after that, it won’t also have the same stuff.

The clone covers mail as well as the character sheet and personal bank.

This will actually work and limit your liability to pay for cloning services on only one character while preserving your items.

I would do all of this today though, the snapshot happens tomorrow.

No.

Wait, I thought that be default all your characters will have to either be TBC or Classic Era. How can you only be planning to bring one character to TBC and Classic Era? Where do you think all your other characters are going?

By default each and every character can choose to be either TBC or Classic Era for free, it is only characters you want to live on both that have the $15 fee. Or are you just planning to move one character to TBC and keep all the others in Classic Era?

Again, either way, you can choose one of the options for free for every character.

Nevermind, I figured out what you are dolng.

Disregard what I said in my previous post.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.