Clone Clarification

Just looking for some clarification - are clones something you have to do immediately?

Or, is it something that we can do in the future based off of the snap shot they took?

I honestly thought we could clone at any point and it didn’t have to be immediate. I know you have to make the choice right away to stay in classic or advance - but I thought the clone piece was totally separate.

Thanks!

Any point after the 18th.

That’s what I figured - appreciate it! Also, anyone know when the snapshot date is?

The 18th when they take servers down for maintenance.

1 Like

For all clone information check this thread:

1 Like

Yep, when servers come up on the 18th, servers have been split. Now there are 2 sets of servers: TBC servers and CE servers.

The first time you log in on each character, use choose to continue playing on the CE server or the TBC server. You have to choose, to play. But that’s free.

As you know, “cloning” is playing on the other server. You can do that never, or months later. If and when you get the urge to play the other game.

I do want to say that they do make conflicting statements. Here’s the Time-Stamp Video of the Round Table Meeting, discussing this:

But, during their Q&A, they also said this (Time-Stamped, for your convience):

Well, that’s a great question! And, I think kind of building on what Holly said, it really is like a “snapshot” taken, at the time we launch the patch. And, so, at that point, you do have your name, in both places. Um, of course, part of the reason we want to make people, uh, make a choice here, and encourage them to choose the place they want to go, is so that we don’t have people parking on those names, forever. So, at some point, we might, uh, decide to, uh, relax that, and let those names be unreserved. But, if you decide on “Launch Day”, that you’re gonna pay for the clone, and you want to have that Clone in both eras, you’ll have your name in both places. Uh, one of the things, we’re (also) concerned about is, though, what that looks like, in Classic Era. Like, uh, as we expect most players go to “Burning Crusade”, and we’ll probably have to do something to resolve that. Our current plans is that you’ll be able to keep your current name but probably have something similar to our "Connected Realms, that let’s you have a (the) “Realm Name”, on the end, so we could resolve any conflicts, if we have to do any mergers, like that.

Key statements:

And, so, at that point, you do have your name, in both places. Um, of course, part of the reason we want to make people, uh, make a choice here, and encourage them to choose the place they want to go, is so that we don’t have people parking on those names, forever. So, at some point, we might, uh, decide to, uh, relax that, and let those names be unreserved

Our current plans is that you’ll be able to keep your current name but probably have something similar to our "Connected Realms, that let’s you have a (the) “Realm Name”, on the end, so we could resolve any conflicts, if we have to do any mergers, like that.

My take from that is you either lose your Name, if you wait too long or get the Server’s name you’re playing on slapped on next to it (possibly CRZing/Connected Realming/Virtual Realming Perma Classic). Again, that is, if you wait too long. Otherwise, EVERYTHING else is saved/archived.

EDIT: With the exception of Guilds (for Classic only)

• Characters activated on a Classic Era realm are all guild-less, including Guild Masters. On Classic Era realms, all guilds must be recreated

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.