Cloaks should have been removed from drop tables

Picked up over five cloaks this week from M+ and emissary rewards…

How in the world could Bliz not have fixed the loot tables? In Legion we didn’t get weapon drops for a very, very good reason. Now that we all get a free 470 cloak, why are cloaks still dropping in end game content?

It’s actually shocking that Bliz let this stand.

EDIT: Although I think it should never have gone live, at least they patched it. Problem fixed from here out.

13 Likes

If they didn’t people who refuses to do their cloak quest would be crying that they can’t get any cloaks. I don’t think any of the weekly caches have cloaks on their loot table, so there’s that at least

9 Likes

Those people are not what the patch is designed for.

OR, if you HAVE the 470 cloak, then don’t roll cloaks. That’s also a 5 min tweak to a table somewhere. Frankly its just a very bad oversight from a dev team who can’t get out of their own way to let the game be good.

1 Like

Ya I agree, but it’s not like 90% of the gear we get isnt getting de’d or scrapped anyways. I just think having pieces of gear you keep forever (until the next expansion) is an all around bad design choice for an rpg, but there’s not really much we can do about it

Seems a little silly that they wouldn’t adjust emissaries too.

3 Likes

I pre-paid for the xpac, I rolled a new vulpera rogue, I have 420/415 weapons and I’ve done about ten M+ this week, and I got 5x445 cloaks… and no corruption gear at all.

Legion was done by smarter people since we didn’t get weapon drops in end game rewards.

1 Like

That also meant a lot of cool weapon and shield appearances aren’t available.

2 Likes

They hot fixed it but obviously won’t restore people who done the emissary quest right after reset…

Its under Item and Rewards.

2 Likes

This is probably the most intelligent way to go about it.

I mean we can ignore the plethora of artifact appearances and the fact weapons like Taeshalach still dropped.

1 Like

Still a lot that aren’t available that should be.
Good try though.

My 36 pages of staves sure is hurting over here I know. Clearly we needed 5 more to be added in order to make my life complete.

1 Like

I’m sorry you don’t play a class with more interesting weapons.

It’s absolutely stupid that so many cloaks remain on loot tables.

I mean I can look at my 34 pages of daggers, my 29 pages of swords, my 18 pages of wands, or my 20 pages of off-hands. It really doesn’t bother me none and a whopping like 10 extra appearances for each isn’t going to change a whole lot.

It’s a start. I mean it’s pretty obvious this was a serious error. M+ drops should also get fixed asap.

When the reward is 100% guaranteed to be useless for progression it breaks the entire model of the game. Tmog farmers are already rewarded using non end-game content, this issue hits all players and needs fixing.

(Also, I mean, I have 9 pages of cloaks and most of the time I turn it off anyway, they are terrible).

1 Like

There has to be a way to get cloaks for transmog if you want them removed from content. Just keep that in mind while brainstorming ideas.

if its the god awful luck I have been having…a player should have the cloaks for mog already. Had a real bad run of luck on the 7th emissary today. 2 chars pulled a cloak. No mog from them.

Lemons into lemonade…these items you can rush off to the vendors for sale not worrying about maybe I will need this for stats one day.

Not everyone will, though. Especially if they jump right into the cloak questline and haven’t done much other stuffs.

I have no problems with people wanting cloaks to drop less. But so far, M+ caches, emissaries, Ny’alotha all don’t drop them. So that’s a good start.

For the rest of them, if they’re the same as cloaks you can get somewhere else, no problem, take them out. Otherwise, maybe toss them as cosmetics onto a vendor? Just a thought.

It is Blizzard.

What else can go wrong with this patch?