Cloak Corruption Resistance Catch-up

I feel that the number of times you may upgrade your cloaks resistance a week should be uncapped, the current cap of 2 maximum upgrades a week is a huge struggle for players coming back for the last tier of the raid and for players leveling up alts. If I can run (4) visions in the week I should be allowed to upgrade my cloak (4) times just through the visions. However I do believe allowing the boss to only drop 1 upgrade per week is good to have.

I feel as I am very far behind in my Mythic raid team yet I have all the resources just staring me in the face to go do the upgrades.

I am not saying that there shouldn’t be a weekly cap of maximum resistance.

TL:DR - Want to upgrade my cloak corruption resistance (5) times in a week but can’t because the cap is 2. Just want a catch-up mechanic for new players and alts. Feels like the maximum corruption resistance upgrades per week is punishing players for no reason as it has nothing to do with RANKING the cloak.

6 Likes

Like everything else about this patch the malefic core system (resistance increase) can be summarized as “way too slow, timegated, tedious”.

I assume like the 4-5 month delay in this corruption buying system, that blizzard will eventually yield and make the malefic core system uncapped until you catchup, but again it will be too little too late while the damage has already been done.

3 Likes

Here we go again with everything wanting everything handed to them all at once. The catch-up system is fine as is.

1 Like

It really isn’t, 1 extra resist level a week means it takes as many weeks as you’re late to 15 to reach cap. Reach 15 20 weeks after it was possible, you’ll need 20 weeks to catch up and that’s way too long and getting longer.

5 Likes

What I hate most about it, and a discouraging number of other systems, is how they override a player’s ability to decide when they’re ready to approach content.

I think it was day two or three of the expansion that we were in heroic Shrine at 258 ilvl learning everything the hard way, but having fun doing it. We could do it because beyond leveling up and going to the dungeon, there was no system forcing us to jump through hoops to unlock it . We decided when we were ready, not Blizzard.

I think time-gating has been overused and has become really, really tiresome.

5 Likes

The runs themselves are already time-gated since you need to get resources for vessels. It makes absolutely no sense for Blizz to limit us to 2 cores per week. If we have the resources just let us rank our cloaks up… We still have to play the game to rank the cloak up, which is a win for Blizz. It seems they are immensely spiteful toward their playerbase and don’t follow through with requested changes until /played time takes a dip… then they make changes everyone has been asking for since day 1 PTR. Blizz seriously needs to swallow their pride and let us have fun. This xpac failed, but we can still have fun if they remove all of their barriers to end game. I think the neck and cloak should’ve been BOA from day 1… I get no joy in farming months of the same exact content I already did, and it putting me behind. Not because I’m not willing to play, but because I CAN’T play until Blizz says I can. It makes no sense to me. I don’t mind the time-gating when it’s current, but when you go back to play an alt or level a new toon to play with friends you are now stuck in Blizzard’s prison cell until literal months pass by, so you can finally enjoy end game…

4 Likes

Exactly. Your average alt (an actual alt) is not going to be sitting on 200k CV’s or whatever.

You can get a few more vessels if you spend echoes, but most people will save those for corruptions.

1 Like

The catch up mechanic is not fine as is. As a top mythic raider it definitely is not, I am at 10/12 Mythic and let me tell you it has a huge impact 4 weeks in BFA (I just came back to BFA about 30 days ago)

2 Likes

no the catch up is not fine.
we’re currently in the +27 resist, which is 9 cores in.
any one whos starting the cloak catchup now, will be 10 weeks behind everyone else. in resistance, because u can only catch up 1 extra core per week. since everyone gets 1 core every week.

blizzard did right by letting vessels be farmable with echos, now make it such that cores should drop per run in visions but it being timegated 10 weeks behind for alts when they are slowly caving in for every other source of player power progression is kinda lol

5 Likes