Click Casting and Spells not available

What a Major DISAPPOINTMENT!

I was looking forward to using UI Click Casting instead of Clique

Until almost HALF of all my spells for healing are not available to Bound in the Native UI Click Casting, and Not a SINGLE Covenant Ability

Just one question, since Clique has ZERO issue binding it, WHY CAN’T Blizzard UI do the same?

You can only bind targeted spells via Blizz’s interface. Since Boon of the Ascended isn’t a targeted spell, you can’t bind it.

You can use the default click casting with non-targeted spells by binding a macro with the spell. The binding will only fire if your mouse is over a unit frame, so that complicates things.

However, as long as it’s for a mouse button that isn’t right click or left click, you can also bind the mouse button to your action bar and also assign the spell there. In that case, click casting will cast the spell macro when over a frame and the regular keybind will cast it when it’s not.

That having been said, Clique is just going to generally be the better option when you need that type of flexibility. It’s more a nice option when I’ve got one macro I’d really like on MB3 but that would normally be hit by the frames eat mouse clicks issue and don’t want to have to use a whole addon to cast one spell under certain circumstances.

2 Likes