Clearing up "Fresh" misconceptions and why its a good thing

But they’ll be fresh bots.

the bigger picture is a short lived boost? sounds more like now than future

means wow is done. if now say “seasonal fresh server” are at its end. pretty much means all wow is at its end. they come to get away from retail, take that away there is nothing for them

its not all about the bots. those will ALWAYS be there.
its making friend having a attempt at a none toxic community thru a journey. (most toxic players stay where they can be most toxic). people like minded on just playing a game not in a hurry to finish. to escape the reality of the real world… have some away time. fresh is a whole different environment all together. you would know this is you started classic at release everyone happy no problems finding help or runs. people played together. why people flood the release of a new fresh server
fresh also caters to all players.

1 Like

This thread is about fresh realms, not boosting. A strawman is not an argument.

1 Like

:+1: all good man your right. wrong post wrong time. cheeers

Why ever start a new game of Mario? Why ever start a new game of Monopoly? Why ever have a fresh server?

3 Likes

NO, you F R E S H memers ruined private servers with your nonstop calls for F R E S H servers. Every time you did that, there would be a group who would refuse and stay on the old server, thus fracturing the playerbase each time you did this. Whats worse is that 90% of you would quit before Molten Core, then crawl back out from whatever crevice you came from just as the server was reaching it’s final content patch and demand another F R E S H server, repeating the cancerous cycle again.

Why don’t you just reroll a new char and go through the content again if that’s what you really want to do? There’s nothing stopping you and nothing would fundamentally change on a F R E S H server. You still won’t get server first lvl 60, you still won’t get server first raid clears, you still won’t get High Warlord, and you still won’t get the Black Quiraji mount.

3 Likes

I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else.

I thought you were referring to OP, if not my bad.

I really want fresh and I don’t care in the slightest about server firsts or even clearing raids. When everyone is leveling together it is the closest to what an ideal D & D recreation should be. Friends adventuring, exploring and competing quests. Who cares so much about titles in an antique video game?

right… that is why most want fresh. we supporters of fresh actually like to interact with other people. not see endless questing areas of nothing. there is no fun in solo

It sounds like you don’t need a fresh server as much as much as you do more friends.

Not being snarky.

1 Like

I’m quite full on friends, but thanks for your concern. Come to Thunderfury and you can join my group of friends if you’re looking for some yourself.

1 Like

People view servers like they do alts these days. No thanks.

While I think now may not be the best time for fresh seasonal servers, I don’t understand what people have against them?

When we have classic, tbc, wotlk servers (lets assume they stop there), and the content has all been done, do we just let all the servers die a slow death and allow classic wow to disappear ? Or do we wipe some every so often so those that want to make a fresh start can?

To me it just makes sense to have seasonal servers. It’s not for everyone, probably not even something I’d do more than once. But to bring new people, inject some life into the game for veterans, I can’t see any real reason not to?

3 Likes

Fresh Servers tap into a lot of the same appeal as Seasonal Leagues in ARPGs. There’s a feeling of…well, I think the word on the tin suffices here “Freshness” in the community when we all just explode onto a world and the fine mist of progression washes over as people mill about accomplishing their objectives in the lil rat race. It’s eventful.

Classic had that. Private Servers have that. It’s something this crowd likes.

5 Likes

Would it be correct to summarize this by saying that “seasonal fresh” people like the hubbub after an expansion release? They just want to keep doing that again and again?

Yep I’ve been hoping that Blizzard adds “seasons” to classic for a while, it was always fun on private servers when a fresh progression server got announced and everyone rerolled on it. Would be even better if we could have some kind of ladder as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Classic released fresh. i was one that was ready for it and reserved the name Ouch on pagle some knew me . most did not. I rolled a pally first -yeah no one need a pally- but it was what i liked. guess what no one cared i was playing a pally or a mage or anything. we was all there to have fun. everyone working playing together. all around same level and being able to sore as much as we wanted no need to wait on a tank there was 50 around you wanting the exact same thing you did at the time.
Everyone was nice to the most part. because everyone need each other for help. this was the case for most of classic. i can go on and on why fresh was the best experiance i had in wow for years. if you missed it and started after the first 9 months. you missed out on a lot of great gamming community. that the fresh experience brings. i for one hope they consider fresh now and/or seasonal for many years to come.

Thank you. Happy Questing

3 Likes