Clearing out the Cache - Quest

the chest is not spawning where it should and causing many players from continuing the story quest line. There’s no way to reset the triggers.

5 Likes

same issue for me

I also can’t see the chest and the cave is empty.

One suggestion I received back in Legion when I saw a chest on my mini map but it did not show up in screen when I got there was to delete my cache folder and allow the game to recreate it.

For some reason there was a conflict with old content and the new Legion content when I was going back over the terrain for these chests once I got flying. I submitted a ticket and the GM suggested I follow these instructions for resetting my stuff. This actually helped and when I got back into the game, the chest was there waiting for me to interact with it. I suspect it might be similar to what you are experiencing.

Here are the steps to follow to reset WoW’s UI:

What I have done is make sure all my characters’ information from the WTF folder are copied into the new WTF folder so that I don’t lose my individual character setups.

The three folders (cache, wtf, and interface) will be recreated upon restarting the game. Its much easier also to keep copies of these just in case you need them.

You can then place a copy of your addons into the new addon folder, that is recreated in your interface folder, so you can just reload all your addons.