Classic...WOD? Would you play it?

No
/10 char

1 Like

no way, not interested in anything past wotlk as far as classic is concerned

My personal opinion is they should have stopped at Wrath so people who wanted to enjoy the original World but with conveniences such as a map could.

God no.

If I had to play it to play Legion classic though, I’d grit my teeth and endure it.

no - there isn’t much play value that expansion - working those tables for gold was the only reason a fair number of people even logged in

I would, raids were good

I do wonder if they’ll just call it after mop though

The fact is a large percentage of players voted for no flight but unfortunately a very small but vocal few ruined it.

WoD with a 9 month lifespan would actually be really fun. WoD’s issues were excessive content droughts, but with Classic, they can just opt into giving each raid a 3-4 month lifespan, and boom happy playerbase. The raids in WoD were genuinely really good. With the community that’s going to be fostered through Cata and MoP classic, I think those playing in SoO will likely want to play through HFC. Gotta remember that both Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel are two of the best raids Blizz has ever done.

Blizz is looking at an accelerated timeframe for Cata, and I see no reason why that shouldn’t extend out over the entire Cata-WoD era, seeing as the content is so similarly endgame is structured over these three expansions.

Yeah, WoD’s worst issue was the content drought so if they manage to speed it up it’ll be fun, but dunno how it’d go given there’s less there to use.

This is just some historical revisionism. I was there at the time and it was very much a vocal minority arguing against flight, wheras most of us wanted it to stay given, y’know. The history of the game and fact it’d been around forever as an end of expansion reward. Like, there were hundreds of posts wanting flight back before the last patch. Then they did the “Flight isn’t ever coming back” and there were mass unsubscribings to the point they very quickly turned around

2 Likes

Only if they add in all the cut content. Karabor capital city, Shattrath raid, Farahlon, etc.

6 Likes

Why would anyone replay the worst expansion in the games history?

WoDs worst issue was the pruning and dumbing down the trees.

I mean, we’re not talking a Shadowlands server…

1 Like

WoD was by far worse than Shadowlands.

3 Likes

Nah. I like mop the most

1 Like

Nah, wod wasn’t as bad as bfa or SL.

I stayed through all of wod, Quit bfa halfway through season 1 and sl halfway through season 2, the raids weren’t great, the systems were awful. All wod had wrong with it was things took too long and there wasn’t anything to do outside of raid really

1 Like

Shadowlands was worst than WoD, but then WoD was a close second to worst.

BFA was nice, IMO.

1 Like

Azerite gear ruined bfa, if it wasn’t for it i might have stuck around but it took them too long to fix the yoyoing

I enjoyed all of the expansions, just some more than others. WoD was one of the worst.

That said, I don’t play any version of classic mainly because I still enjoy retail and I don’t want to divide my time between two different versions of the game.

Yeah I would. The content that WoD did have was pretty fun. The problem was the year long drought at the end and the Selfie patch