Classic's Age Distribution is Wild

sorry it’s all dialectical and completely unscientific, there is no authority on the subject. old out of touch? boomer.

Generations are funny thing. Some people have kids at a young age.

My parents were born at the tail end of Gen X, and they were 21 and 18 (almost 19) when they got married. I was born 3 years later.

I’m slightly younger than middle of the Millennial generation, but I’m not part of the young Millennial wave. My youngest sister, though? She was born in the first wave of Zoomers.

(So my Gen X parents produced two Millennials and a Zoomer. The Zoomer was a surprise so there’s a fair sized gap between us.)

The students in middle school and high school are Gen Alpha. I don’t know what the newest generation will be called, yet.

(My grandparents? The Silent Generation. They were kids during WW2 and born during the Great Depression.)

So that’s five generations represented in my family! (My Zoomer sister is 24 years old, and she’s got two kids. 3 and 1. I don’t know what the new generation is called yet… maybe they’re the youngest of Gen Alpha?)

2 Likes

Oh man. I had a pretty low opinion of his viewers (and twitch followers in general) before you said that. Now that opinion is under the floor by a few meters.

I was 12 when I started playing… in 2007. :grin:

I know a single teenager that plays WoW and he happens to be my step brother. I got him into it.

I do agree though. I imagine most of WoW’s population is in their late 20s at minimum. Most are probably 30-40.