Classic WoW system requirements?

Do we know if the system requirements will be as high as BFA, since they run on the same engine? How will system requirements/performance compare to the way it was in the old 1.12 version? I could barely run WoD on the lowest settings, so if the requirements are going to be high then I need to know in advance so I can upgrade my PC.
Thanks.

Not anywhere near as high as BFA. I’m playing on a private server on a surface 3, and this is basically just a tablet that can run 3rd party programs so its also a laptop. Very small, not originally made for games. I can still play vanilla just fine. No issues at all in raids and av. The only time I have fps issues is if I’m around 200+ people in wpvp casting spells at each other at the same time and place. So if a piece of garbage laptop can run vanilla just fine then so should your pc

2 Likes

This post should help you. Scroll to the top.

1 Like

I read the post earlier, couldn’t find anything about performance or system requirements.

Classic system requirements.

Toaster, with a carrier pigeon connection for the authentic experience.

7 Likes

The requiremenrs for wow has always been quite low. Odds are whatever you have will play ir

That’s what I was hoping to hear, lol

1 Like

A Commador 64 with a 64k internet connection using AOL dialup service.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not there because they haven’t said anything, but as someone else said you should be fine in this day and age.

Real talk, I’ll tell you this.
I could barely run WoD either at the beginning of the expansion. I got a very cheap upgrade in the middle of that expac, which helped a lot. This upgrade however was pretty shaky for Legion content, however when playing in the old world, it was more than fine.

The demo ran on the Legion 7.3.5 engine, but some here are pretty certain that the final build will be on whatever the current BfA engine is at that time. Either way, if you want to be able to take advantage of the more advanced engine’s graphics and see Old Azeroth on Ultra or at least High while playing at a decent FPS, I’d recommend upgrading. Just get a system with a NVIDIA card from 3 years ago and you’ll be set.

and that right there just proves what were talking about. a computer with a graphics card that is 3 years old is capable of playing wow on high end settings.

Yep. But should upgrade from what he said he had, IMO.

whats he got? a rock?

His computer was apparently old when WoD was current, because he had trouble running that.

No need to be so aggressive, dude. I was just trying to be helpful.

Juicy.

Although the fastest I remember a Commodore 64 dial up ever being was 1200 baud.

1 Like

When AOL was the thing the hot Commodore computer would have been the Amiga.

i wasn’t being agressive. i was trying to be sarcastic/witty.

OK. No worries, then.

Which of course my deprived self never had. Apple IIe served me quite well though.

I couldn’t afford one, myself, but we had them at the art college I attended. They were pretty amazing.
I had a super-ghetto Macintosh Performa model :rofl: myself. It had enough RAM and hard drive space to be able to run the current version of Photoshop at the time, which was all I cared about.