Classic WoW is set to totally overshadow modern WoW

We’ll see.

I fully expect launch day to be atrocious and the population to drop off sharply. We’ll be down to a sustainable, comfortable “tens of people” situation by the end of Phase 1.

If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my Xbox One controller. With lots of syrup.

2 Likes

You say that, but here we are… WE told the modern WoW population this game is here to conquer.

You can continue to live your life that is a lie.

3 Likes

Classic is coming!

3 Likes

Lets remember something. This happened because a group of dedicated fans persisted until it happened.

Just because a bunch of opportunists are pouncing on it for the pay day doesnt mean this pop culture will last.

These streamers will abandon classic the moment their followers do. The harsh reality of classic game play will hit the scrubs much quicker than BFA did.

10 Likes

Classic is literal YEARS worth of content to do…

BFA is a couple months of content…

Do you see the problem with Modern WoW?

17 Likes

Classic wow brings in 5+ million subs.

Then they like oh we should do BC. BC brings in millions. Then do WOTLK. Then maybe cata…but stop there.

Hahaha really? At 1.12 eh?

Keep telling yourself that and frankly if the masses couldnt down herpic ghun with 20 people there is no way they are coordinating a 40 person raid.

I highly doubt the followers are going to be well received in these guilds farming low level content. Just wait for the min/max mentality to come out and watch what happens.

you’re failing to understand the concept, that’s alright; some one else can explain ti too you.

3 Likes

The game is unreleased, it’s still a novelty, many have not played it despite watching others.

Many will start. Many won’t get to 20, much less 30 or 40.

It will get stale, and the grind will wear on people.

And the key differentiator between Classic and Vanilla, is that with Classic, players have an alternative to play that’s a mouse click away. In Vanilla, they did not.

Not only is the alternative a mouse click away, they can still chat with their friends online no matter where they play.

Or, something like that.

A mage and I got trapped in the Skittering Dark. Died 5 times trying to fight/get our way out. Perfect Classic moment stuck deep in a cave surrounded by respawns. It was funny. It was fun. I giggled. But this, too, gets old.

3 Likes

You are failing to grasp the population they are trying to attract. Essentially the population that walked away from BFA. Those are the toxic players that will dominate classic due to their poor marketing campaign.

Could not agree more! It was great to be back in the real WoW again.

8 Likes

it surpassed it for other reasons, mostly the OSRS devs are avoiding every single failure that slowly built up to build RS3. It’s amazing what 10+ years of continuously dumb updates, all under the guise of “quality of life”, can do to a ga me

7 Likes

More people have played and quit wow than bought bfa. You think the majority of people coming back are players that quit bfa? LOL

10 Likes

No i said their current target audience are bandwagon twitch kids that quit BFA through their streamer marketing. Have fun with that.

oh geez you linked a preach video, now was really not the right time to do that m8 people are already up in arms over streamers.

Imagine Allan Brack actually acknowledging that he was dead wrong.

5 Likes

You think that their target audience is 200,000 or so people who watch twitch? Absolutely not… it’s just the easiest and cheapest advertisement strategy known to man. Their target audience is anyone who misses vanilla wow and anyone who started playing after vanilla that wants to try the game they’ve been hearing about missing for years.

10 Likes

Uhh no. Its not toxic to walk away from Retail. The game wasnt the same as what we started on. We want to play what WoW was, what it was intended to be.

Thats not toxic.

5 Likes

Wasnt there only 200k signatures on the petition to bring it back. So we are really talking a 50/50 of the alleged dedidacted population.

Many people didnt even know about it. I didnt. I didnt even know Private Servers are a thing. I got into the Stress Test though, and leveled up and reported a few bugs.

4 Likes