Classic WoTLK - Character Transfer LUA Error

I was attempting to purchase a character transfer from Mankirk to Maladath but get a LUA error when making the purchase. I’m thinking they didn’t fully implement the transfers and boosts as they show available but not working. There isn’t really any forum support by blizzard for classic so wondering if customer support might have any info on it.

If they weren’t working we’d see loads more posts about it. Thankfully that isn’t the case.

This generally indicates an interface error. Usually caused by addons, sometimes disabling them when trying to make the purchase helps, but doesn’t guarantee the issue won’t come back at some later point.

Usually a UI reset will clear out any misbehaving display elements no problem.

2 Likes

The LUA error is specifically from the store UI and is occuring before signing in to a toon so I don’t think it’s related to addons. (Blizzard_StoreUI is angry) and the other issue with the boosts was talked about a lot last night and that comes up with an internal error rather than a lua error. There’s no documentation that they were opening the fresh realms for this so I’m trying to see if its just not fully implemented on their side or somehow they broke it. So far I’ve yet to see anyone able to transfer/boost on the server and it might be a lack of posts since the fresh servers died off pretty quickly.

edit: I looked up the LUA errors again and see that other fresh servers are getting similar errors on the EU servers. The option to transfer to these servers wasn’t there before but now its there but still giving errors when its used. The internal error for boosts is still there and previously the boost was greyed out but is now available just errors after creating the character and trying to boost

Final edit: After more digging I finally found the answer from one of the game producer’s twitter. I wish they would communicate via the forums tho. lol

2 Likes

Im getting the same problem when trying to server transfer from a old server not fresh to another server opened a message to blizzard they arnt helpfull
it happens on the Character select screen so there is no addons or anything loaded.

What realm to what realm? And are you trying to do this in retail? Classic? WotLK Classic?

1 Like

Wrath classic
Yojamba to any OCE server but the error happens
But if i try to trasnfer to Pagel US east it brings me to the payment section. this doesnt happen when i try to go to the OCE servers the Lua error occurs

Ah ha, that would be why then. I’ve not seen where they’ve been opened back up, but they were all locked to transfers 9 days ago.

4 Likes